Clark Hill is there for employers every step of the way. Our team delivers a deep bench of experience to provide accurate and efficient counseling to clients in real time. Simply put, if anything unexpected happens at work, we can and will help.
Our firm advises employers and their human resource staff on employee performance and discipline and the practical structuring of employment policies. We provide legal counsel at all stages of the employment relationship, from HR planning and termination to every type of employment document, including applications, interview questions, termination, handbooks, medical leave, and FMLA procedure and documentation.
We are business-minded and continuously strive to understand the operations and goals of each client. We stay ahead of the curve on specialized industry know-how, and serve employers in various fields, such as technology, biomedical, healthcare, retail, hospitality, maritime/admiralty, financial services, oil and gas, and alternative energy.
Our team is skilled in the art of employment-related triage to get quickly to the key issue provide practical and practical and pragmatic advice. We blend legal acumen with business sense and deliver creative, efficient solutions for those we serve.
We understand the legal issues and the practical concerns our clients face, including cost, educational constraints, and issues that arise as a result of being a local, regional or international company. There is not much we have not seen or experienced, and we leverage our collective intelligence to benefit our clients.
Among the issues we regularly address are:
- State and federal discrimination
- Harassment and retaliation law compliance
- Disability law compliance and requests for accommodations
- Compliance with state and federal whistleblower acts
- Family and Medical Leave Act compliance
- Workplace privacy, electronic monitoring, and drug and alcohol testing
- Mandatory arbitration in the workplace
- Employee evaluation, discipline, and discharge
- Preparation of employee handbooks and policy manuals, employment agreements, separation agreements, employment applications, and related forms
- Executive compensation, retention, and change of control
- Incentive plans
- Protection of trade secrets and confidential information
- Union elections, collective bargaining, and related issues
- State and federal wage and hour law compliance
- Enforcement of non-compete, confidentiality, and trade secret agreements
- Federal contracting compliance
- Training on employment issues