For companies that are federal contractors covered by Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, or the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act, as amended by the Job of Veterans Act (VEVRAA), we provide guidance in complying with the various regulations governing those statutes, including any Federal Acquisition Regulations.
Our guidance includes:
- Advising clients on the duties imposed by the various affirmative action executive orders, statutes, regulations, and guidance.
- Advising the employer on its personnel policies to ensure that those policies provide equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees.
- Where required, drafting written affirmative action plans which include job group analysis, analysis of the placement of incumbents in job groups, availability determination, comparison of incumbency to availability of skilled individuals in the relevant recruiting area, placement goals, identification of problem areas, creation of an action-oriented program, and developing an internal audit system.
- Annual updating the affirmative action plans.
- Preparing companies for any audits conducted by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).
- Representing companies during OFCCP desk and on-site audits.
- Negotiating of conciliation agreements with the OFCCP.
- Representing companies when employees file a complaint with the OFCCP.
We also provide these same services if the company’s contracts with state or local governments require written affirmative action programs.