Just as the wheels of progress in the Automotive industry turn without braking, so does the need for legal protection from assembly line to dealership showroom. Clark Hill has been involved in the Automotive industry since the 1890’s and continues to be the destination for highly specialized issues ranging from labor disputes and supplier contracts to product liability and automotive recalls.
Clients ranging from multinational manufacturers to family-owned car dealerships, national parts distributors, or a small tier-two parts supplier receive counsel from our team to navigate the road ahead with clarity and confidence.
Our global team consists of former automotive executives, manufacturers, suppliers, and general counsel to provide clients with best-in-class service and an unmatched level of experience. Our team approach and firm framework ensure client responsiveness with speed and precision to every automotive legal matter.
Clients rely on our counsel in all aspects of automotive matters, including:
- Warranty cost allocation arrangements
- Directed supplier arrangements
- Purchase order terms and conditions
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regulations and investigations, including those involving the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability, and Documentation (TREAD) Act
- Product liability lawsuits
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Distribution arrangements
- Supplier and customer workouts and bankruptcies
- Intellectual property arrangements and trademark infringement claims
- Resolution of warranty disputes between suppliers and auto manufacturers
Capabilities in Manufacturing and Beyond
The automotive industry is deeply connected to the manufacturing world. These integrated sectors continue to evolve and expand alongside the rapid growth of the service sector and the green economy. With our record of achieving results, we provide comprehensive litigation, transaction, and regulatory services critical to the daily operation of manufacturing companies.
With attorneys and professionals who have led manufacturing and engineering businesses, manufacturing clients partner with us in labor and employment law, government regulations, risk management, real estate, contract preparation, corporate governance, succession planning, finance, litigation, mergers, and sales.