As the wheels of progress in the automotive industry turn, so does the need for sound legal advice and direction. Clark Hill has been involved in the automotive industry since the 1890s, helping our clients maximize opportunities and minimize risks.
As the power behind automobiles shifts from combustion engines (ICE) to electric vehicles (EVs), and a higher focus is placed on connectivity, mobility, and autonomy, Clark Hill attorneys have stayed ahead of the curve and are well equipped to help our clients steer through this evolution in technology.
Clark Hill attorneys have led the industry in guiding clients through the relentless disruption that is always present in a global economy and supply chain through unmatched client service, innovative thought-leadership, and strategic industry collaborations. Our automotive clients rely on us to help them navigate the road ahead with clarity and confidence.
We practice as a full-service industry team to ensure our clients receive best in class service. Our collaborative team approach and firm framework ensures client responsiveness with speed and precision to every automotive legal matter. Clients rely on our counsel in all aspects of automotive matters, including in the following areas:
- Warranty and recall disputes
- Supply chain disruptions
- Global terms and conditions and supply agreements
- Labor and employment
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) regulations and investigations, including those involving the Transportation Recall Enhancement, Accountability, and Documentation (TREAD) Act
- Product liability lawsuits
- Domestic and international mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Distribution arrangements
- Supplier and customer workouts and bankruptcies
- Intellectual property arrangements and trademark infringement claims
- Resolution of warranty disputes between suppliers and auto manufacturers
- U.S.-Canada-Mexico Trade Agreement (USMCA)
- Government relations
- Cybersecurity and data privacy
- Trade regulation
- Complex commercial matters
Capabilities in Manufacturing and Beyond
The automotive industry is deeply connected to manufacturing. These integrated sectors continue to evolve and expand alongside the rapid growth of the service sector and the green economy. We have a track record of proven results in providing comprehensive litigation, transaction, and regulatory services critical to the daily operation of manufacturing companies.
Our attorneys and professionals have led manufacturing and engineering businesses, and clients partner with us in labor and employment law, government regulations, risk management, real estate, contract preparation, corporate governance, succession planning, finance, litigation, mergers, and sales.
To find out more about the latest opportunities and challenges faced by the automotive and manufacturing industries, read our regular updates to our publication “Simply Driven.”