Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
LeadersStephen A. Campbell , Donald A. Shindler
The Clark Hill Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station team helps traditional fueling facilities, retail establishments, office developments, shopping centers and mixed-use developments, governmental entities, nonprofit institutions, and other landowners understand options, limit risk, and implement cost-effective charging station projects.
Our team of attorneys and energy consultants advise clients throughout the lifecycle of an EV charging station transaction, from RFP to installation, through retail operation to post-operation removal.
Energy and Construction
- Identify and evaluate utility and public grant and incentive funding programs.
- Negotiate electrical infrastructure upgrade and construction agreements with utilities and other parties.
- Negotiate procurement, installation, and O&M agreements with charging station vendors.
- Address charging station regulatory issues at the state public utility commissions.
- Negotiate easements and other property rights necessary to install and operate charging stations.
- Advise landowners and lessees on lease provisions.
- Evaluate land use issues, zoning rights, and permitting requirements.
- Identify and address environmental issues at contaminated or potentially sensitive sites.
- Address environmental issues associated with charging station removal.
Data, Cybersecurity, and Technology
- Negotiate charging station data and intellectual property rights.
- Address data security and privacy issues relating to software and networks.
- Ensure continuity of operation through negotiated warranties and support service.