Clark Hill’s Labor & Employment group delivers practical, actionable employment solutions. Nearly 100 dedicated labor and employment attorneys across the country offer a 360-degree approach to workforce management, advice and counseling, and litigation defense for employers in virtually every market. We represent Fortune 500 companies, privately held and middle-market companies, start-ups, and nonprofits. We are committed to providing executives, managers, and HR professionals with creative solutions that maximize management flexibility and minimize risk in the labor and employment arena.
Our experience is deep in every aspect of labor and employment law — class action litigation, advice and counseling, organized labor matters, benefit plan design, training and compliance, investigations, and more. Our practice is focused on providing business-oriented advice, cohesive teamwork, unparalleled service, and competitive rates. Our portfolio of services is enhanced by our firmwide corporate, banking, and commercial law practice groups, providing a comprehensive solution for our clients’ needs.
Unsurpassed excellence and undeniable talent make up our institutional DNA. Out-of-the-box thinking, robust service, and in-depth legal know-how allow us to provide counsel that is innovative, collaborative, and versatile. When a difficult legal issue or obstacle arises, we provide management with a solution, not simply a “No.” We do this by doing the right thing for our clients’ business and their employees.
Our team of veteran attorneys can counsel and advise on the full range of federal and local workplace laws, including Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Immigration Reform and Control Act, Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act, Civil Rights Act, Equal Pay Act, Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act, and others. Our Labor & Employment practice and attorneys have been recognized among the best of the best in Best Lawyers’ “Best Law Firms,” Best Lawyers in America, and Chambers USA “Leaders in their Field.”
Our experience includes:
- Class action and individual employment litigation
- Human resources best practices
- Hiring, discipline, discharge advice
- Executive compensation and employment agreements
- Compliance programs, trainings, and E-learning
- Harassment counseling, investigations and litigation
- Whistleblowing and retaliation counseling and defense
- Non-competition and trade secrets
- Employee health and safety
- Wage and hour counseling and litigation
- Employee benefit plan design, tax compliance, and related litigation
- Pension, health, and welfare plans
- ADA compliance and accommodations
- FMLA issues and training
- HR planning for mergers and acquisitions
- Consolidations, reductions-in-force, and plant closings
- Employee handbooks and personnel policies and procedures
- Union organizing and collective bargaining
- Federal and state regulatory investigations/audits