Partnership with the right commercial real estate counsel provides significant value at every step of a real estate transaction from the early planning stages through completion and operation. Clark Hill’s real estate team provides tailored services to each client so they achieve their goals.
Clients rely on our team as they invest in, acquire, finance, develop, construct, operate, lease, and dispose of real estate assets. Services often include responsibility for site selection, deal structure, and negotiation. When needed, we also advocate for clients in real estate-related litigation including enforcement actions, bankruptcy, construction defect, homeowner association disputes, and more.
We serve a diverse range of respected regional and national organizations, including private developers, corporate owners, business users, borrowers, financial institutions, pension funds, investors, landlords, tenants, contractors, public institutions, insurance companies, governmental agencies, and municipalities. In addition to our core real estate clients, much of our work involves the real estate needs of clients in the healthcare, retail, hospitality, energy, and manufacturing industries.
The varied client base that we advise makes us highly sensitive to, and understanding of, the competing interests and concerns of each participant in a real estate matter. This helps us serve as “deal-makers” and “problem-solvers”, balancing business acumen and legal advice in helping our clients attain their goals.
And when the challenge calls for it, our group combines its thorough knowledge of real estate concerns with the specific know-how of Clark Hill’s tax, estate planning, environmental, construction, municipal, and/or bankruptcy attorneys. This integrated team serves as a full-service resource for nearly any real estate-based legal need, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Commercial financing
- Commercial loan modification, foreclosure, workout, and other remedies
- Commercial and residential development, including retail, housing, industrial, office, hotels and destination uses, mixed use, planned unit, subdivision and platting, construction contracts, and condominiums
- Condominium and homeowners’ associations
- Construction and design, including construction litigation
- Creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, and restructuring
- Economic development, including tax incentives and public-private partnerships
- Eminent domain
- Energy sources and management, including renewable energy facilities
- Entertainment venues
- Entity structuring
- Government relations and lobbying
- Green Building
- Land use and zoning
- Property tax assessment
- Real estate litigation and dispute resolution
- Water rights