The development of real property is at the very core of any real estate practice and encompasses a multitude of disciplines. Clark Hill has the experience and depth to provide the panoply of services necessary to bring a project to a successful conclusion. Clients who rely upon our attorneys for their development needs include regional and national developers, home builders, retailers, manufacturers, and nonprofit corporations.
Our clients’ projects include residential and commercial subdivisions and condominiums, multi-family affordable housing, planned unit developments, mixed-use projects, shopping centers, office developments, industrial parks, hotels, and recreational and entertainment venues. We take the project from initial acquisition, through project financing, sales and leasing, and disposition. We are with our clients every step of the way as needed.
Our attorneys will provide our clients with practical experience, resulting in manageable expectations. Our due diligence efforts and support address issues involving environmental liability, conditions of title and insured risks, surveys, financing, tax incentives, governmental approvals, and permitting.
The advantage we provide to our real estate clients is the bench strength of more than 300 attorneys multi-disciplined in virtually every area of law being accessible as needed for your project. This full-service approach gives you the benefits of one-stop shopping and quicker turn-around time while maintaining a coordinated awareness of the many issues at hand.
Some examples of recent projects include:
- Redevelopment of the iconic Argonaut Building in Detroit at a project cost more than $150 million through a multi-layered tax credit transaction involving State and Federal Historic Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits, Brownfield Tax Credits, tax increment financing, tax abatement, tax-exempt bonds, and equity and construction financing.
- Redevelopment and expansion of a nearly 400-unit senior living campus in Grand Rapids through Economic Development Revenue Bonds for a nonprofit owner/operator.
- Acquisition, leasing, and development of multiple nationally recognized franchised restaurants for both franchisors and franchisees.
- Development of more than 30 single-family and multi-family projects in Southeastern Michigan having a value of more than $200 million for one of the nation’s largest home builders.
- Development of multi-building condominium complex in Troy, Michigan as the headquarters for a first-tier automobile supplier.