Anne-Marie V. Welch
Anne-Marie Welch defends employers in lawsuits and administrative proceedings against wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and related statutory and tort claims. She also prosecutes and defends against breaches of non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
To prevent lawsuits and promote positive workplaces, Anne-Marie routinely conducts internal audits and advises management regarding labor and employment law compliance and best practices. Anne-Marie also serves as a corporate trainer and independent investigator for private and public sector employers nationwide, especially those in the higher education, automotive, manufacturing, nonprofit, and cannabis industries.
Anne-Marie serves as Labor & Employment leader of the firm’s Automotive and Manufacturing Industry Team.
Named a Leading Lawyer in Detroit by Leading Lawyers℠ (2023)
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Employment Law-Management by Best Lawyers (2019-2024)
Chambers USA, Labor & Employment (Michigan) (2021), Up-and-Coming Individual (2020), Bank 2 (2023)
Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
Selected to the Michigan Super Lawyers list for Labor & Employment Defense (2009-2021)
DBusiness Top Lawyer, Labor & Employment (2014, 2016)
DBusiness and Hour Magazine, Top Women Attorneys in Michigan (2014-2021)
Michigan Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming Lawyer 2013
AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Fellow to the ABA – Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Section (2008-2010)
American Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
Federal Bar Association
American Employment Law Council
Board Member, American Society of Employers
Council Member, State Bar of Michigan Labor and Employment Law Section
ABA Equal Employment Opportunity Law Section
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained a no cause jury verdict for an automotive supplier against the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in a retaliation case tried in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Obtained summary judgment for an automotive supplier, which was subsequently upheld by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, in an 8 count FMLA/disability discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment for a university, which was subsequently upheld by the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, in a pregnancy discrimination and retaliation lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment for a restaurant in a 5 count sexual orientation discrimination and retaliation lawsuit.
- Obtained injunction for robotic technician staffing company in Oakland County, Michigan following breach of noncompete.
- Obtained injunction for financial services client in Ingham County, Michigan following breach of noncompete.