Franchise Law and Litigation - Litigated antitrust claims against franchisors.
Franchise & Licensing
The Clark Hill Franchise and Licensing industry group is made up of experienced attorneys who represent clients involved in all aspects of franchising, licensing, dealership and direct selling for the distribution of goods and services, both domestically and internationally.
Our approach is intended to achieve efficient practical legal solutions and protections to give your business the best chance of success. Over the years, we have earned a national reputation for quality representation of franchisors, licensors, motor vehicle manufacturers, direct sellers, and product distributors from start-ups to multinational corporations.
We have represented businesses in a wide variety of industries, including restaurant, automotive, health and beauty, building products and services, clothing and accessories, food and beverage distribution, decorative products, computer-related products and services, hospitality, printing and photography, rental purchase businesses, and other retail businesses and services.
Whether starting your first venture or expanding into new markets, we take pride in building success stories one location at a time.
Our experience spans:
- Franchise structuring and developing distribution systems
- Franchise disclosure, registrations and offering circulars
- Enforcement, work-out and collections
- Licensing, franchise, dealership, co-branding, distribution, area representation, sub-franchise, development, and other agreements
- Commercial litigation
- Compliance with state and federal regulations
- Corporate structuring
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Employment & labor
- Trademark infringement
- Trademark / trade name registration
- Product liability
- Leasing, site development, and real property sales
- Capital structuring and financing
- State & local taxation
- Environmental law
- Partnership issues
- Securities issues
- Supply systems
- Dealer qualification issues
- Antitrust and trade regulation
- Importation, exportation, and transportation
- Encroachment, non-renewal, termination, and transfer
Franchise Law and Litigation - Litigated/defended franchisor in suit brought against the franchisor by franchisee for alleged breach/violation of the applicable franchise agreement.
Franchise Law and Litigation - Successfully defended franchisor against litigation brought by Pennsylvania Attorney General for alleged violations of the Consumer Protection Act.
Franchise Law and Litigation - Litigated franchisees’ rights against franchisor.
Franchise Law and Litigation - Pursued franchisor's rights against franchisee.
Franchise Law and Litigation - Negotiated terms of franchise agreements.
Successfully represented mall developer in multi-million dollar contract and tort action against shopping center chain involving real estate disputes, lease disputes, intentional interference claims and related contract and tort claims. Jury Trial, Johnstown, Pennsylvania