Chad M. Poznansky
Chad Poznansky assists clients in commercial and residential real estate acquisitions, development, and dispositions, including multi-family apartment buildings, condominium properties, vacant land, office buildings, shopping centers, and hotels.
Chad counsels small and medium-sized businesses with respect to formation and capitalization issues, operating issues, acquisitions, financing, and succession planning. He also represents local and regional banks in secured financing transactions, note sales, and REO dispositions. He brings a unique perspective to each loan transaction with his real estate sophistication and often counsels financial institutions on the inherent risk of title and survey issues.
Chad has always enjoyed using his legal skills to help others. He served for several years as an Associate Board Member for the Christopher House, a community organization offering full-service support to families in need. Additionally, he took part in a Hurricane Katrina relief trip to offer legal advice and help with clean up. While at DePaul, he worked in the law school’s legal clinic providing pro bono services to not-for-profit organizations in low-income Chicago communities.
Named a Leading Lawyer in Illinois by Leading Lawyers℠ (2022)
Chicago Real Estate Council (2016 Board of Directors)
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Real Estate Investment Association
Chicago Mortgage Attorneys Association
Chicago Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
- Sophisticated real estate transactions, including negotiating acquisition/disposition contracts and financing agreements, 1031 exchanges and articles of agreement for deed.
- Commercial real estate lease negotiations, including representing landlords and tenants in the office, retail and industrial sectors.
- Representation of developers in condominium conversions, including drafting property reports, condominium declarations and easement agreements.
- Serving as general counsel for condominium associations.
- Representation of real estate investors in the purchase of notes and subsequent negotiations of deed-in-lieu of foreclosures.
- Representation of real estate investors in negotiating operating agreement and joint venture relationships.
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contracts, including owner-general contractor and owner-architect agreements.
- Counseling clients on business formation and ongoing business matters: drafting, reviewing and negotiating operating agreements and by-laws for LLCs and closely-held corporations and prepare resolutions and amendments to company documents.
- Representing businesses in acquisition/disposition of stock and asset sale/purchases.
- Leading clients in raising of private equity: advising clients on capital structure, preparing private placement memorandum and subscription agreements, and registering securities with SEC and State Securities department.
- Drafting and negotiation of employment contracts: including non-compete agreements, executive compensation packages and severance agreements.
- Drafting and interpreting employment handbooks in conjunction with federal and state law.
- Working with not-for-profit corporations in organizing and preparing Internal Revenue Service documentation to gain federal tax exemption status.
- Serving as outside counsel for businesses in drafting and reviewing general business contracts: includes product rental, vendor and service agreements.
- Preparing guidelines and rules for financial institution board of director subcommittees.
- Chad Poznansky Interviewed in Leading Lawyers Magazine – Real Estate Edition for 2017, January 2017
- Paige M. Krause and Chad M. Poznansky Featured in Cook County Record: Real Estate Agencies, Other Online Businesses Could Face Lawsuits Over ADA Website Access Claims, July 2016