After 3 ½ years, the dogged prosecution of nine separate federal and state lawsuits In Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, and two late night closings, all involving seemingly intractable fraudulent transfer and lien priority issues, a multi-disciplinary team of Clark Hill lawyers recently concluded a massive commercial loan work-out for our Bank client that resulted in the recovery of substantially the entire eight figure, 10 year old debt owed by the Bank’s most recalcitrant borrower, with significant contributions from his foreign partners.
Joshua M. FarberJoshua Farber Clark Hill
Joshua M. Farber
Joshua Farber assists clients in a wide range of legal matters including commercial real estate development, mergers and acquisitions, formation and structuring of business entities, private equity and venture capital transactions, securities offerings, and disclosure compliance, and general corporate transactions.
Josh’s real estate practice focuses primarily in the areas of real estate acquisition, leasing, and development including the sale, leasing, and purchase of office buildings, shopping centers, manufacturing facilities, apartment complexes, and planned community projects. He also represents real estate companies in tax assessment appeals and land use and zoning matters. Josh advises both property owners and energy companies in the sale, leasing, and assignment of mineral rights.
Buyers and sellers count on Josh to represent them in complex acquisition transactions including mergers, stock purchases, and asset purchases in the real estate, manufacturing, construction, retail, and printing industries. In the area of private equity and venture capital, Josh's experience includes drafting of private placement memoranda, preparation of shareholders and operating agreements, securities law compliance, and counseling both the management of and investors in such entities.
Josh advises established and emerging businesses on the various issues faced throughout a company’s life cycle including formation, capitalization, equity investment, commercial transactions, debt financing, acquisitions, divestitures, and succession planning. He counsels parties through the formation and structuring of new entities and ventures using extensive experience in drafting and negotiating limited liability company agreements, partnership agreements, buy-sell agreements, and other organizational documents. Josh also assists entities in compliance with corporate formalities and business law requirements.
Publications & Presentations
- The Legal Intelligencer, "The Evolving State of Pa. Property Tax Assessment Appeals," January 2020.
- Roundtable Leader, 2014 and 2015 International Council of Shopping Centers OKIMP Law Conference.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “Selling assets in Bankruptcy,” Wednesday, March 18, 2009.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “Court Strikes down Contract Set-Asides,” Wednesday, February 11, 2009.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, “Bankruptcies Soar in 2008,” Wednesday, February 04, 2009.
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute - Preparing LLC Documents
- National Business Institute - Retail, Office and Restaurant Leases
- National Business Institute - Commercial Lease Disputes
- National Business Institute - Commercial Leases: Negotiating Key Provisions