Guillermo M. TelloGuillermo Tello Clark Hill
Guillermo M. Tello
Guillermo Tello is a Member in Clark Hill's Labor & Employment practice group. Mr. Tello is experienced in representing clients in both litigation and in providing advice and counsel. His litigation experience ranges from single plaintiff actions to class and representative actions. Matters handled by Mr. Tello include employment claims of wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour and prevailing wage disputes as well as business and commercial litigation, construction disputes, and public entity defense. His litigation experience includes obtaining full defense jury trial and arbitration awards.
Mr. Tello’s recent excellent results include:
- Full defense award in single-plaintiff race discrimination and wrongful termination case filed against a national retail client.
- Full defense jury verdict in single-plaintiff disability discrimination and wrongful termination case filed against a national food distributor client.
- Full defense award in single-plaintiff sexual harassment and wrongful termination case filed against a healthcare provider client.
Mr. Tello also counsels clients on day-to-day California employment law issues, provides training and legal support to human resources, and assists clients in implementing new policies and procedure including alternative workweek schedules. Mr. Tello’s experience includes negotiating, drafting, and modifying a wide range of agreements/contracts, such as non-compete/non-disclosure/non-solicitation agreements, arbitration agreements, independent contractor service agreements, construction contracts, and lease agreements.
Mr. Tello has also served as Adjunct Professor of Law at Western State College of Law in Fullerton, California. He has taught “Sales,” a course devoted to Commercial Law and more specifically Article 2 of the Uniform Commercial Code, and an elective “Business Law Ethics” course.
Mr. Tello is also actively involved in the local legal and business community. He has served as the C.F.O. and Vice President of the Orange County Hispanic Bar Association and continues to serve on the Judicial Evaluations and Scholarships committees. Mr. Tello also actively participates in the Orange County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and National Hispanic Bar Association.
- Pay Equity: What’s in Your Payroll? (LeClairRyan Webinar, December 2018)
- Harassment Prevention Training – New Requirements (LeClairRyan Webinar, October 2018)
- What Employers Should Know About Class Waivers After Epic Systems Decision (LeClairRyan Webinar, August 2018)
- Workplace Investigations (Ogletree Breakfast Briefing, April 2017)
- California Legal Update – What Every Employer Must Know (Ogletree Managing a Workforce Seminar, October 2016)