Lisa S. Sauer
Lisa Sauer counsels banks and other financial institutions in lending transactions, represents landlords in drafting and negotiating leases, and advises clients on business formation and structuring issues.
Her transactional practice includes representing local and regional lenders in complex financing transactions, including participations, syndications, nursing homes, and health care facilities, small business loans (504 and 7(a)), asset based loans, and commercial and construction mortgages. She has also counseled financial institutions in forbearance agreements and deed in lieu transactions. Lisa’s practice also includes residential and commercial real estate transactions, like-kind exchanges, business sales and acquisitions, advising for-profit corporations, not-for-profit institutions, partnerships and limited liability companies on tax structuring and business planning.
Lisa co-authored “Single-Member LLCs With More Than One Member, 30 JRET 170 (3rd Quarter 2003)” in 2003.
Lisa serves as an adjunct faculty supervisor for The Business Enterprise Law Clinic at The John Marshall Law School.
Chicago Bar Association
Illinois State Bar Association
The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Chicago Real Estate Council
Real Estate Investment Association
Real Estate Finance Forum
State Bar Licenses
- Representation of local and regional lenders in sophisticated lending transactions, including multi-family housing and shopping center loans, nursing home accounts receivable lending, senior and mezzanine finance, construction loans, hotel loans, and asset based lending.
- Representation of local and regional lenders in participations and syndications.
- Representation of Michigan developer in all aspects including condominium documentation, negotiation of purchase contracts, closings and tax appeals at the local level and state level.
- Representation of landlords and tenants in negotiation of leases for multi-use buildings, retail, industrial and office space.
- Representation of investment companies in 1031 exchanges and tenant in common agreements.
- Representation of purchasers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Preparation and negotiation of AIA Contracts on behalf of owner with respect to general contractors, engineers and architects.
- Preparation of operating agreements, partnership agreements and shareholder agreements for limited liability companies, partnerships and closely held corporations.
- Representation of private companies, including a local real estate investment fund raising equity to purchase multi-family properties in the Chicagoland area, in the preparation of private placement memoranda and subscription documents under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Representation of closely-held business owners in the negotiation of general business contracts including vendor, supply and service agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements non-disclosure agreements and separation agreements.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of businesses in stock purchase agreements and asset purchase agreements.