Craig Small has more than 12 years of experience practicing cannabis law and litigation. As one of the first cannabis lawyers in the State of Colorado to dedicate his practice to cannabis law he has worked with clients to develop best practices within the cannabis industry to achieve maximum business performance and strict regulatory compliance. His main practice areas include M&A transactions, intellectual property protection, and regulatory compliance but his work with cannabis clients has allowed him to assist them in a variety of additional legal issues they face such as real estate transactions, labor and employment issues, and litigation.
2013 Colorado Amendment 64 Task Force Member
Colorado NORML- Board of Directors
Colorado Bar Association: Cannabis Law Section
Boulder County Bar Association, Past President
State Bar Licenses
- Counseled multiple private and publicly traded companies to provide sophisticated merger and acquisition of legal services in compliance with complex marijuana regulatory restrictions.
- Provided counsel to start-up companies from various forms of entity formation through marijuana business application submission and licensing.
- Drafted and negotiated complicated intellectual property licensing agreements to conform with a variety of different state marijuana regulatory programs.
- Performed multi-state marijuana regulatory compliance reviews of product packaging and labeling.
- Advised clients on multi-state, multi-entity business models to provide maximum cannabis market penetration domestically and internationally.
- Guided clients through all manner of entity legal issues as would be handled by in-house counsel; including but not limited to business reorganization, financing, employment and labor, real estate, alternative dispute resolution, business to business contracts, etc.