Clark Hill Air Quality attorneys assist our clients and their in-house technical staff, environmental managers, and consultants on permitting and compliance issues arising under all state and federal Clean Air Act programs. We provide skilled permitting and compliance counsel, support clients’ rulemaking advocacy, and, when necessary, litigate administrative and enforcement proceedings. We help our clients to stay ahead of the curve on emerging air quality topics through regular thought leadership, client alerts, articles, and webinars.
Our Air Quality attorneys counsel and represent clients in:
- Permitting: We negotiate and defend Title V major source permits, state minor source permits, and new source review (NSR), and prevention of significant deterioration (PSD) authorizations and revisions. We help clients understand how air quality permitting decisions fit into their overall business plan, lowering overall costs and maximizing operational.
- Enforcement Defense: We represent facilities and individuals in all aspects of investigations and enforcement defense, including deviation reporting, agency information request responses, and negotiation of consent orders.
- Audits and Disclosures: We design and execute compliance audits and self-disclosures to secure penalty immunity and corrective action agreements.
- NESHAP and NSPS Counsel: We prepare and support applicability analyses and compliance determinations under New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP) programs.
- SIP Compliance and Advocacy: We advise and advocate on behalf of clients on proposed and final rules and State Implementation Plans (SIPs) adopted by environmental regulators on the federal, state, and local level, including development of site-specific rules and SIPs.
- Rulemaking Support: We assist clients in the preparation of comments on proposed rules, represent clients in rulemaking challenges, and respond to requests for information in developing regulations.
- Administrative Proceedings: We represent clients in administrative permit proceedings. This includes defense of proposed permits, prosecution of variance petitions, and third-party permit appeals.
- Compliance Management: We design, build, and audit compliance management systems and management of change programs.