Dave Larsson has practiced commercial real estate law since 1984, advising clients, particularly owners, tenants, and other end users, on real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development projects, leasing, financing, and asset management projects all across the United States.
During that period, he has helped one client grow from two U.S. stores in 1984 to more than 40 at present, and he has helped another client grow to become the market leader in the Delaware Valley. Dave closely follows developments with the new federal Opportunity Zones created in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. He and our team members advise clients on how to take advantage of the program while following the numerous formalities required.
Additionally, he advises clients on various contracts and processes encountered in the life of a real estate asset, such as charging station license agreements, design and construction contracts, real estate aspects of New Markets Tax Credit and Opportunity Zone financings, and agreements relating to real estate transfer and ad valorem taxes.
Since 2007, Dave has also gained valuable experience in energy technology engineering, procurement, and construction agreements, having helped one retailer client successfully complete an ambitious project to install photovoltaic (solar) systems on the vast majority of its major store and distribution center rooftops, and having helped other retailer clients successfully complete rooftop leases and subleases and power purchase agreements.
A former partner at an AmLaw 100 law firm, Dave served as in-house general counsel and executive vice president to a Philadelphia-area shopping center development company, where he acquired valuable hands-on experience in acquisition, development, construction, and management of ground-up shopping center properties.
Best Lawyers®, 2023 Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year” award winner in Philadelphia
The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law, 2018-2022
Super Lawyers magazine, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2005-2012
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
West Jersey History Round Table
Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce (SACC) Philadelphia, Board Member
State Bar Licenses
- “The Active Ingredients in Grocery Store Leases,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, San Diego, CA (October 2019)
- “The Unwritten Rules of Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” Jenkins Law Library, Philadelphia, PA (April 2014; April 2015; March 2016; July 2018; July 2020)
- “Exclusives After Winn-Dixie and Its Progeny: When Exclusive-Use Covenants Get Personal,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Hollywood, FL (October 2016)
- “Exclusive Use Clauses: What Each Party Wants, and What Each Party Needs,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Phoenix, AZ (October 2015)
- “Foreign Retailers Entering the U.S. Market: What a Foreign Tenant Might Not Understand; and What We Might Not Understand about a Foreign Tenant,” International Council of Shopping Centers Law Conference, Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, San Diego, CA (January 2008)
- “Answers to the questions about the role of attorneys in deal negotiations,” CBRE Leadership Center, Lease Negotiations, Chicago, IL (April 2007)