Daniel Olds represents public and private entities in a wide variety of litigation from its inception through the appellate process.
He has extensive experience advocating for clients in both state and federal courts. Daniel’s extensive experience includes litigating commercial disputes, constitutional issues, employment claims, and issues involving sovereign and governmental immunity.
In addition to this work in trial courts, Daniel has a substantial background in appellate practice. His appellate experience includes litigating cases in almost every Texas intermediate appellate courts, as well as the Texas Supreme Court. He is also a former briefing attorney for a Texas intermediate appellate court, which gives him unique insight into the appellate process in Texas.
Accepted into Austin Young Lawyers Association Leadership Class, 2021
Austin Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Austin Young Lawyers Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
State Bar Licenses
- University of Texas School of Law, Thurgood Marshall Legal Society, Moot Court Coach
- Responded to Petition for Review at the Texas Supreme Court after the Court requested a response; Supreme Court then denied the Petition for Review without requesting further briefing.
- Successfully obtained judgment affirming trial court’s granting of Rule 91a motion to dismiss lawsuit against client at Third Court of Appeals in Austin.
- Successfully obtained judgment in a restricted appeal reversing the trial court’s judgment based on legally insufficient evidence.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of case against major Texas county based on lack of jurisdiction in inverse condemnation case.
- Successfully defended company against multi-million dollar motion for summary judgment in state district court.
- Helped advise Mexican company on susceptibility to jurisdiction in Texas courts.
- Representation of Texas county and city in section 1983 cases.
*Experience completed prior to joining Clark Hill.
- “Statutory Interpretation,” Texas City Attorneys Association Fall Conference (October 2021)
- “General Contracts—A Litigator’s Perspective,” Texas City Attorneys Association Summer Conference (August 2021)
- “An Overview of Statutory Interpretation,” Houston Young Lawyers Association (July 2021)
- “Exploring the Attorney-Client Relationship with Cities,” Texas City Attorneys Association Summer Conference (June 2020)
- “The Often-Overlooked Appeal: Restricted Appeals in Texas,” Civil Litigation/Appellate Law Section, Collin County Bar Association (May 2020)
- “The Often-Overlooked Appeal: Restricted Appeals in Texas,” Appellate Law Section, Dallas Bar Association, Dallas, TX (February 2020)
- “A Primer on Statutory Interpretation in the Administrative Law Context,” Administrative Law Section, Austin Bar Association, Austin, TX (February 2020)
- Panelist, “The Evolution of Statutory Construction,” Austin Bench Bar Conference, Austin Bar Association, Austin, TX (May 2017)
- “The Basics of Statutory Interpretation,” Nuts and Bolts of Administrative Law, Administrative Law Section, Austin Bar Association (March 2017)
- Guest, “Helping Courts Interpret Statutes,” Texas Appellate Law Podcast (October 2020)