Dan Gibbon is a counselor to individuals and businesses alike. His practice melds estate planning and administration, from the most basic of wills to sophisticated trusts, with all aspects of business representation: formation and choice of entity; financing; agreements among owners; employer/employee relations; tax planning; contracts and transactions with third parties; mergers and joint ventures; intellectual property matters; real estate transactions; and buying and selling of businesses.
Many of Dan’s clients have relied on him for decades to meet their business and personal law needs. Dan represents a diverse group of businesses, including a company flying drones for pipeline companies and others seeking aerial surveillance of their operations; architectural practice groups; an electrical manufacturer sales agency; a fruit company providing quality control services to exporters and importers; a language translation firm; a classic Philadelphia steakhouse; and a nonprofit involved in counseling those infected with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Business owners and other individuals frequently call upon Dan to serve as a sounding board for issues they encounter, legal and otherwise. At the same time, he implements creative solutions to their problems through the drafting of documents and agreements of every stripe. Dan has a practical bent and looks for the most efficient, straightforward means to an end, which may involve the client taking the lead in solving the problem at hand.
Philadelphia Bar Association
State Bar Licenses
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) Tree Tenders
- Represents operator of private preschools in construction and leasing of schools throughout the United States.
- Prepared corporate documentation and has provided counsel from inception for company involved in unmanned aircraft systems.
- Prepared comprehensive estate and succession plans for family-run businesses in retail supermarket and summer camp fields, including preparation and adoption of trusts to minimize estate taxes over several generations.
- Settled OSHA claim against concrete contractor in connection with fatal accident involving several of the company’s employees.
- Represented developer in all aspects of the rehabilitation of a multi-story townhouse in Center City Philadelphia, including negotiation of construction financing, construction agreement, architect agreement, and tenant leases.
- Structured buy-in of next generation of partners in established architectural firm.
- Represented retail supermarket operator in several rounds of financing and facilitated the securing of federal tax credits in connection with latest borrowing.