Christopher Lucca has a diverse civil practice that has included the representation of Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals in business tort claims, contractual and employment disputes, and complex personal injury matters. He has experience in all facets of litigation, from independently conducting pre-suit investigations through trial.
Chris represents individuals and companies in contractual disputes, including the enforcement of equity agreements, indemnity provisions, and restrictive covenants. He has experience litigating disputes between small business owners, including those alleging the mismanagement of company assets and breaches of fiduciary duties. He also has experience with insurance disputes, including those claiming bad faith, and with catastrophic personal injury actions, including wrongful death claims.
Chris focuses his employment litigation practice on defending individuals and employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and unfair pay practices. He routinely counsels companies, as well as their executives and HR employees, on compliance issues, reductions in force, severance agreements, employment agreements, hiring guidelines, and personnel-related documents. He also discreetly pursues and negotiates the resolution of pre-litigation employment disputes.
Chris also has a professional liability practice that involves the representation of attorneys and law firms in legal malpractice actions. He has experience litigating complex claims of transactional malpractice, conflicts of interest, and professional negligence.
Chris is frequently engaged to serve as local counsel for matters in the Philadelphia area and routinely advises co-counsel about local rules, procedures, and best practices. He prides himself on balancing creative and practical strategies to achieve optimal litigation results, including avoiding the need for litigation altogether.
Listed as a “Lawyer on the Fast Track” in The Legal Intelligencer’s Professional Excellence Awards (2022).
Listed in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (2018-present).
*This award is conferred by Super Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: Selection Process (superlawyers.com). No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Named among Best Lawyers in America®: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation by Best Lawyers (2024)
Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
State Bar Licenses
- The Honorable Eduardo C. Robreno, U.S. District Ct., E.D. Pa. (2013-2015).
- NCAA and Multiple Member Schools Seek Instant Replay Review by Third Circuit, The Legal Intelligencer, October 2021.
- Irrational Decision-Making in Litigation, The Federal Lawyer Magazine, May/June 2019.
- The CSA Program Gets a FAST Fix: A Review of the 2015 FAST Act (with Roman Galas), 83 J. Trans. Law 183 (Oct. 2016).
- Keeping Lions, Tigers, and Bears (Oh My!) in Check: The State of Exotic Pet Regulation in the Wake of the Zanesville, Ohio Massacre, 24 Vill. Envtl. L.J. 125, 126 (2013).
Speeches & Presentations
- “Student-Athletes as Employees—the Changing Landscape of Collegiate Athletics,” virtual CLE presented by Celesq; May 2022.