Audrey Hornisher counsels financial institutions and businesses in protecting their rights in corporate restructurings and secured transactions in a range of industries including energy, finance, insurance, manufacturing, retail, and technology.
Audrey regularly represents financial institutions, commercial landlords, trade suppliers and vendors, secured and unsecured creditors, and other parties in interest to assess and resolve issues faced in bankruptcy cases. Both large lenders and small businesses have engaged her to help navigate the path to protect their collateral during a debtor’s bankruptcy, including filing a proof of claim, lifting the automatic stay, negotiating the treatment of lease agreements, and negotiating the use of cash collateral. She has also represented clients in multiple national bankruptcy sales and understands the process of selling distressed assets. Additionally, she defends creditors in adversary proceedings including fraudulent transfer and voidable preference litigation. While representing a national energy company, she assisted in the negotiation of settling a preference action for .15% of the alleged damages.
Lenders and energy companies also trust Audrey in assessing their rights and remedies in a secured transaction. In the energy sector, she regularly assists contractors and subcontractors in establishing and enforcing mineral liens. She uses her experience in bankruptcy to counsel clients on implementing liens against a party that is in or considering a bankruptcy filing. In the financial sector, she has experience advising lenders on their security interests by analyzing UCC-1 financing statements to determine the validity and priority. In the past, she has increased her client’s priority to collateral by avoiding several previously filed UCC-1 financing statements for failure to comply with the Uniform Commercial Code.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Audrey served as a judicial law clerk for Chief Judge Ronald B. King of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Western District of Texas. She utilizes her clerkship experience to provide a unique and valuable perspective of her clients’ issues.
Named among Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America® for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law by Best Lawyers (2022-2023)
2022 Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Conference Committee Member
State Bar of Texas, Bankruptcy Law Section, Young Lawyer Committee, Professional Education Liaison
American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
John C. Ford Inn of Court, Barrister
John C. Ford Inn of Court Future Leaders Program, Member
DFW Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers, President
State Bar Licenses
- Co-author with Andrew Edson and Bob Franke, Bankruptcies in the Crypto Industry, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (May 2023)
- Co-Author with Judge Mark Mullin and Ian Peck. Third-Party Releases and Controversial Plan Provisions, Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Conference, Dallas, Texas (June 2022)
- Co-Author with Andrew Edson. BANKRUPTCY UPDATE: New Requirements & Deadlines for Proofs of Claim, Strasburger’s Business Reorganization & Bankruptcy Newsletter (March 2018)
- Co-Author with Chief Judge Ronald B. King and Amber Fly. Recent Developments Supp. Case Law Update, Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, San Antonio, Texas (May 2017)
- Author. Short-Circuiting Legal Guidance in the Digital Age: An Evaluation of Inadequate Protections for the First and Fourth Amendments, and the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 SMU SCI. & TECH. L. REV. 343 (October 2015)
- Panelist, Third-Party Releases and Other Controversial Plan Provisions, Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Bench/Bar Conference (2022)
- Speaker, Why Label Talent? Leveraging the Strengths of Every Generation in Your Legal Practice, Dallas Bar Association – Bankruptcy Section (June 2019)
- Speaker, Only the Senior Secured Survive: UCC Article 9, Southwest Association of Bank Counsel Conference (September 2018)
- Panelist, Federal Judicial Clerkship Panel, SMU Dedman School of Law (September 2017)
- Panelist, Behind the Chamber Door, San Antonio Bar Association (July 2017)