Audra MayberryAudra Mayberry Clark Hill
Audra Mayberry is a Member with Clark Hill Strasburger. She focuses on representing businesses in commercial and technology disputes. Her practice includes business litigation in state and federal courts, and advice to companies regarding license agreements and relationships with vendors. Audra provides competent and professional legal representation to resolve conflicts, including contract breaches, trade secrets issues, fraud, deceptive trade practices, and employment disputes.
Technology Litigation and Legal Services
- Obtained favorable confidential settlement for custom software development company in contentious arbitration regarding scope creep.
- Representation of cybersecurity executive in negotiating employment agreement.
- Representation of customer in federal lawsuit between software companies regarding alleged breaches of a EULA, trade secret misappropriation, and copyright circumvention.
- Represent businesses in negotiation of license agreements.
- Successfully obtained permanent injunctive relief and confidential six-figure settlement for insurance company in a non-competition dispute with former high-ranking employee.
- Obtained injunctive relief and attorney’s fees for restaurant and retail client in complex contract construction and eviction dispute.
- Obtained substantial jury verdict for real estate investors in dispute involving an option contract.
- Obtained complete dismissal of lawsuit for former employee and consulting company in dispute with engineering company regarding alleged trade secret misappropriation, breach of fiduciary duties, and breach of employment agreement.
- Obtained injunctive relief for client in dispute regarding enforcement of foreign judgment and appointment of receiver.
- Obtained injunctive relief for shareholder in business dispute involving breach of fiduciary duties and declaratory judgment related to a contested stock transaction. The case concluded in a week-long bench trial, in which Audra acted as second chair.
- Successfully obtained voluntary dismissal of all claims and award of attorney’s fees for church client through the use of civil contempt proceedings.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of all claims and award of attorney's fees for celebrity client in defamation case.
- Obtained summary judgment awarding all damages and attorney's fees to client in civil dispute with contractor regarding extensive property damage.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of multiple defendants dismissing all claims against them for breach of fiduciary duty, conversion, tortious interference, misappropriation of trade secrets, and conspiracy.
- Obtained award vacating ex parte injunction against client in business dispute regarding claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, conversion, breach of fiduciary duties and breach of contract.
- Successful prosecution of 202 proceedings and lawsuits to obtain product seller information from multinational and national electronic commerce businesses.
- Representation of clients in pre-judgment and post-judgment garnishment actions.
Financial Services Litigation
- Represent national bank in business tort lawsuit brought by commercial borrowers regarding substitution of collateral.
- Obtained case dismissal and attorney’s fees for national bank in dispute with consumer plaintiff regarding home equity loan.
- Obtained favorable settlement and case dismissal for national bank in federal court lawsuit regarding foreclosure proceedings.
- Represent national bank in collection efforts for civil judgments.
- Obtained confidential six-figure settlement of securities fraud claims brought against oil and gas securities broker-dealer.
- Aided in the representation of oil and gas company sued for securities fraud and breaches of fiduciary duty and provided counsel with respect to SEC enforcement inquiry.
- Aided in the representation of mineral interest owner in title dispute based on the estate misconception theory.
Appellate and Multi-District Litigation Experience
- Successfully argued before the Fifth District Court of Appeals on behalf of an out-of-state appellee who was improperly sued in a Texas court. The argument concerned the Court's lack of jurisdiction over the non-resident company.
- Representation of consumer plaintiff in multi-district litigation against large medical device manufacturer in the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. The case resulted in a confidential six-figure settlement.