Andrew A. AyarAndrew Ayar Clark Hill
Andrew A. Ayar
Andrew A. Ayar concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate law, banking and finance, and real estate, including mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations of business entities, sales to employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), complex commercial and real estate lending transactions, forbearance agreements and deed in lieu transactions, securities law and private placements. Andrew’s practice includes acting as outside general counsel to regional and national operating companies, including private equity portfolio companies. He advises high-net-worth individuals and their business enterprises on business planning and succession.
Andrew graduated from the University of Michigan in 2000 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. He earned his law degree from Wayne State University Law School in 2003. He then obtained an advanced law degree, an LL.M. in Taxation, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2004.
Andrew is a member of the Michigan State Bar and the Florida State Bar.
He has been honored every year since 2012 by Super Lawyers® as a “Rising Star” and has been selected by DBusiness Magazine’s list of Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit in 2017, 2018, and 2019.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Transactions
- Representation of company sponsors of Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP) and ESOP trustees and fiduciaries in acquisition transactions between the company, selling shareholders and the ESOP
- Representation of local and regional lenders in sophisticated lending transactions, including senior construction loans, nursing home and shopping center loans, hotel loans, and asset based lending
- Representation of local and regional lenders in participations and syndications.
- Representation of a private equity portfolio company in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of medical and dental practices
- Represented several closely held companies in stock or assets sales to private equity companies, including a national consumer beauty products company, nurse staffing company, and waste management company
- Represented a forging company in connection with an asset swap with a multi-national strategic competitor
- Represented a tier 1 automotive supplier in the acquisition and financing of multiple commercial facilities
- Representation of hotel investors in connection with the acquisition and disposition of limited and full- service hotel properties