Andrew A. AyarAndrew Ayar Clark Hill
Andrew A. Ayar
Andrew Ayar practices corporate law, banking and finance, and real estate law. Clients rely on Andrew to handle mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations of business entities.
He has extensive experience with complex commercial and real estate lending transactions, sales to employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), and healthcare-related corporate matters. He also acts as outside general counsel to closely-held companies and advises ultra high-net-worth individuals and their businesses on business planning and succession.
Summary of Professional Experience and Representative Transactions
- Representation of company sponsors of Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOP) and ESOP trustees and fiduciaries in acquisition transactions between the company, selling shareholders and the ESOP
- Representation of local and regional lenders in sophisticated lending transactions, including senior construction loans, nursing home and shopping center loans, hotel loans, and asset based lending
- Representation of local and regional lenders in participations and syndications.
- Representation of a private equity portfolio company in connection with the acquisition and divestiture of medical and dental practices
- Represented several closely held companies in stock or assets sales to private equity companies, including a national consumer beauty products company, nurse staffing company, and waste management company
- Represented a forging company in connection with an asset swap with a multi-national strategic competitor
- Represented a tier 1 automotive supplier in the acquisition and financing of multiple commercial facilities
- Representation of hotel investors in connection with the acquisition and disposition of limited and full- service hotel properties