Adam M. AnsariAdam Ansari Clark Hill
Adam M. Ansari
Adam M. Ansari is a Senior Attorney in the Tax & Estate Planning group of Clark Hill's Chicago office. Adam focuses his practice on private client matters with a particular focus on taxation, estate planning, and the representation of privately held businesses. Recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” for the past four years, Adam provides sophisticated planning advice to individuals, families, business owners, and financial institutions.
Adam helps clients articulate their wealth transfer objectives and implements estate plans that meet their financial, familial, business, and tax goals. He advises clients on all aspects of estate planning, including wills and trusts, lifetime gift planning, estate administration, business succession, and charitable planning. Planning for family members with special needs is also an important part of Adam’s practice. Beyond the intricacies of the legal issues that arise, Adam appreciates and recognizes the unique circumstances his clients face and strives to truly understand his clients’ interpersonal relationships.
Adam provides representation to business owners and real estate developers, assisting with the formation of entities and the negotiation and drafting of operating and partnership agreements, compensation agreements, separation agreements, lending agreements, and purchase and sale agreements. Adam also routinely provides consultation to family law firms in marital divorce proceedings if marital assets include operating and investment entities or if such proceedings include complex tax or corporate issues.
To better assist his estate planning and business planning clients, Adam provides knowledgeable tax guidance on a wide range of taxation issues. Each year, Adam also prepares Federal and State individual tax returns, partnership returns, S-corporation and C-corporation returns, and gift and estate tax returns for his clients. More recently, and after spending significant time examining the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Adam has been providing guidance under the newly amended Internal Revenue Code, including the new qualified business income tax deduction, cost recovery and depreciation rules, business interest limitation, net operating loss rules, and the regulations relating to the new partnership audit rules.
- Presenter, The Fundamentals of Fiduciary Litigation, American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section (2018)
- Presenter, Protecting Assets, Supporting our Elders, and More on Fiduciary Litigation, American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section (2017)
- Author, Taxation Concerns for Individuals Splitting Time Between the United States and India, American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section, E-Report (2017)
- Author, Section 529A ABLE accounts opening throughout the United States, Illinois State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section (2017)
- Author, How to Develop a Strategic Plan for Your Small Firm or Solo Practice, American Bar Association, YLD Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Committee Newsletter (2016)
- Author, Purchasers of Properties that Have Gone through Judicial Sale Should be Cautious, Illinois State Bar Association, Section on Real Estate Law, and Section on Commercial Banking, Collections and Bankruptcy (2015)