Spencer W. Stevens
Spencer W. Stevens represents and advises clients on a variety of business, corporate, and securities matters.
His corporate transactional practice includes matters involving mergers and acquisitions, licensing and supply chain contracts, entity formation and business structuring, securities offerings, fiduciary duties, and the establishment of policies and legal compliance.
Spencer’s clients have included core management teams, public, private and emerging companies in various fields including oil and gas exploration, cellular towers, business software developers, advertising and marketing service companies, oil field technology companies, retailers, real estate developers, and high-technology start-ups. Spencer currently serves as Partner-in-Charge of the firm’s Austin office. He is also a Certified Public Accountant in the State of Texas.
Texas Super Lawyers’ Rising Star (2005, 2009)
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law by Best Lawyers (2023-2024)
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas, Volunteer Attorney
City of West Lake Hills, Councilmember (2009-2013)
State Bar Licenses
- Represented a privately held company and its controlling shareholder in connection with the sale of all of the company’s capital stock
- Represented a privately held company in connection with the sale of substantially all of its assets to a private equity institution
- Represented a national equipment manufacturing company in its efforts to restructure, consolidate and merge a number of its corporate entities in Texas and Delaware
- Represented numerous corporate officers and directors of public companies in their efforts to establish Rule 10b5-1 Trading Plans
- Represented a privately held company in connection with the sale of its intellectual property assets to a major oil well equipment and servicing company
- Represented a video game development company in its efforts to privately place its securities in a Regulation D offering
- Represented a privately held company in connection with a reverse merger with a public shell
- Represented a business software application developer in a strategic alliance with a national business consulting firm
- Represented a publicly-traded finance company with its $150,000,000 revolving credit, letters of credit, and term loan facilities