Michael B. SachsMichael Sachs Clark Hill
Michael B. Sachs
Michael’s practice reaches into many different areas of the law, representing clients in the fields of Labor and Employment, General Litigation and Environmental law.
In his Labor and Employment practice Michael:
- Assisted clients across the entire spectrum of cases including wage and hour claims, Fair Employment and Housing/Equal Employment Opportunity Commission based claims (discrimination, harassment, and retaliation), breach of contract claims, reviewing and evaluating severance agreements and termination decisions.
- Represented clients in class action claims and single plaintiff claims.
- Provided pre-litigation counseling including: an evaluation of potential claims and analysis of possibilities for litigation avoidance or early resolution.
- Managed litigation from intake to verdict and beyond.
- Tried multiple matters to verdict in the various Bay Area Superior Courts and the Northern District of California.
- Argued multiple cases before the California Court of Appeal.
In his General Litigation practice Michael:
- Represents companies in toxic tort litigation, including asbestos related cases.
- Represents a major vehicle manufacturer with respect to consumer warranty claims under California’s Song-Beverly Act.
- Represents companies in product liability actions.
In his Environmental law practice Michael:
- Assists clients in matters involving Proposition 65 (California’s “Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986”). This includes reviewing product lines for products that may be subject to Proposition 65, drafting and updating warning labels, responding to 60-day notices and managing resolution and/or litigation of Proposition 65 cases.
Michael is devoted to his clients and his goal is to find cost-effective ways to manage their cases, while still vigorously defending their interests inside and outside of the courtroom. He has achieved numerous successful results for his clients through settlement negotiations, mediations, dispositive motions and trial.
- Presenter, "The Basics of Prop 65 Counseling and Litigation," Bar Association of San Francisco, October 3, 2018
- Author, "New Proposition 65 Warning Regulations," Original Equipment Suppliers Association Newsletter, August 2018
- Co-Author, "Public employees must exhaust administrative remedies before filing civil action," California Employment Law Letter, March 12, 2018
- Presenter, Pincus Professional Education – Mastering the Deposition, March 2, 2018
- Co-Author, "Changes to California's Proposition 65," February 21, 2018
- Presenter, Proposition 65: An Introduction and Update, Clark Hill Seminar, February 6, 2018
- Pincus Professional Education - 12th Annual Superior Court Boot Camp, October 2017
- "The Mystery of Title VII: The Various Interpretations of Title VII as Applied to Homosexual Plaintiffs", Wis. Women’s L.J., 19 Wis. Women’s L.J. 359 (2004)
- "The Homosexual Puzzle: How courts deal with sexual harassment claims", American Sexuality Magazine, November 1, 2005