Meridith G. Cannon
Meridith G. Cannon advises corporate clients, including both for-profit and non-profit companies, on corporate law issues in a variety of business transactions and complex commercial contract matters. She advises and counsels her client’s management teams across a wide range of industries.
Meridith works closely with entrepreneurs and senior leadership teams to understand her client’s business goals and the industry in which the client operates. Whether a client is considering a strategic business combination, succession planning, forming a new business, or pivoting its business plans as a result of a global pandemic, Meridith navigates the legal and business issues with her client so that the client achieves its desired outcome at any stage in the client’s business.
Meridith contributes to her client’s success by staying on top of legal developments that impact her client’s business and anticipating the client’s resulting needs. With a keen general counsel mind, Meridith advises on day-to-day business matters such as corporate governance and customer, vendor and employee relationships. As clients focus on growing their businesses, they depend on Meridith to solidify their relationships and protect their assets through commercial contracts addressing, for example, commercial co-ventures, the sale or distribution of goods and services, engagement of independent contractors, confidentiality concerns, payment processing and the licensing of intellectual property.
Illinois Super Lawyers, “Rising Star”
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Illinois State Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
Chicago Foundation for Women, Professional Advisory Council Member
Friends of Oscar Mayer School, Board Member 2014-2015, 2015 Benefit Co-Chairperson
State Bar Licenses
- A national marketing cooperative of restaurant owners.
- A global charity focused on the well-being of ill children and their families.
- Closely-held construction companies undergoing succession planning.
- Private equity fund in portfolio company acquisitions and divestitures in various industries, including food and account receivables management.
- A leader in the school photography industry divesting a subsidiary.
- A leading manufacturer of disinfectants selling its assets to a strategic buyer.