Kevin Dooley Kent
Kevin Kent prides himself on deftly guiding his clients through litigation, disputes, and regulatory actions while also working closely with them to identify and minimize future risk exposure. Clients seeking Kevin’s counsel vary from a broad spectrum of industries, including water and public infrastructure, real estate development, life sciences, financial services, casino gaming, and government.
Kevin works to best position clients for unavoidable litigation while zealously representing them through the life of the matter. He also focuses on advising clients on risk management and identifying proactive steps to avoid litigation in high legal exposure industries. He represents companies in matters involving civil fraud, director and officer liability, and government civil enforcement actions and related internal investigations; court-appointed receivers in federal enforcement matters; and C-Suite executives in contract disputes. Much of Kevin’s recent risk management work involves advising private companies and government entities on privatization proposals, federal and state funding, and other risks inherent in the interaction between public entities and the private sector. Kevin serves as a mediator in complex commercial disputes, assisting parties to resolve their differences or narrow them prior to or during litigation.
Kevin is licensed as a solicitor in Ireland, as well as in England and Wales. Kevin is co-leader of the firm’s Transatlantic Initiative. He serves of the Board of the Irish American Business Chamber and Network, which promotes the development of economic relationships between the United States, Ireland and Northern Ireland. Kevin also serves as the liaison between Clark Hill’s United States offices and its Dublin office.
AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Irish America Legal 100 Honoree (2016-2022)
Irish America Business 100 Honoree (2016-2019)
Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation (2016–present)*
*This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Listed as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer (2013–present)**
Named among the Top 100: Pennsylvania Super Lawyers List (2019-present)**
Named among the Top 100: Philadelphia Super Lawyers List (2019-present)**
Selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list (2008, 2010–2012) **
**This award is conferred by Super Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology can be found at: Selection Process (superlawyers.com). No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
National Association of Federal Equity Receivers (NAFER), Board of Directors
NAFER’s Publications Committee, Co-Chair
Member of NAFER’s International Committee
Irish American Business Chamber & Network, Board Member, Government and Economic Development Liaison, Chairman (past), and President (past)
Irish American Judicial Institute, Trustee and Treasurer
Philadelphia Diversity Law Group, Member, Board of Directors (2017-2019)
Philadelphia Bar Association
Delaware County Bar Association
Law Society of Ireland
Law Society of England & Wales
Boston College Alumni Association
Vanderbilt Alumni Association
LaSalle College High School Alumni Association
Legal Lean Sigma – Yellow Belt Certified
INSOL International, Member
Planning committee, Global Interdependence Center Central Banking Series Dublin, Ireland Conference
State Bar Licenses
- Co-Auther of “In the Wake of the Demise of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank: What Fintechs, Private Equity, and Banks Need To Know” March 13, 2023 (read here)
- Featured in “As Legal Business Moves Faster, Lawyers Aim to Manage Client Expectations,” Law.com, an ALM publication, September 17, 2019 (available here).
- “Municipal Water and Sewer Authorities: When Wall Street Comes Knocking,” The Legal Intelligencer (January 2018)
- Featured in “Law Firms Find Marketing Edge in Touting Alternative Fees,” The Legal Intelligencer (December 2017)
- “ABA Guide to International Bar Admissions: Republic of Ireland,” American Bar Association (June 2012).
- Profiled in “Most Influential US-Ireland Business Leaders” issue of Business & Finance Magazine, which recognizes important business figures across Ireland and the U.S. (2008).
- Panelist, “Chamber Music – Building Successful Business Networks,” Irish Network IN USA Conference, Washington DC (October 2019).
- “Municipal Water and Sewer Authorities: When Wall Street Comes Knocking,” PBI Environmental Law Forum, Harrisburg, PA (April 2019).
- “Ethical Business is Good Business: Interplay Between NSPE Code of Ethics and State/Federal Law,” American Water Works Association (AWWA) NJ Annual Conference Atlantic City, NJ (March 2019).
- “Municipal Water and Sewer Authorities: When Wall Street Comes Knocking,” Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association (PMAA) Annual Conference & Trade Show, Erie, PA (September 2018).
- “‘When Wall Street Comes Knocking:’ Mitigating Legal Risks Arising from Investor-Owned Utility Offers to Privatize Municipal Water Authorities,” American Water Works Association (AWWA) Annual Conference & Exposition (ACE), Las Vegas, NV (June 2018).
- “Family Business Essentials Playbook, Legal Edition,” Initiative for Family Business & Entrepreneurship at Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA (January 2017).
- “Business Ethics and the Law: The ROI of Compliance Best Practices and Proactive Risk Management,” Villanova Business MBA Alumni Association, Villanova, PA (November 2016).
- Participated in Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development, Office of International Business’ Economic Development Mission to Ireland (Fall 2016).
- “Fraudulent Transfer Action: An Update in 2016,” The Knowledge Group’’ LIVE Webcast (April 2016).
- “Virtual Round Table: Fraud & White Collar Crime 2016, The Americas,” Corporate LiveWire (February 2016).
- “Effectively Managing Corporate Investigations,” CohnReznick Financial Managers Learning Forum; Jamesburg, NJ; West Orange, NJ, and Hartford, CT (October 2015).
- “Red Flags: The Moving Target of ‘Notice’ in Fraudulent Transfer and Clawback Litigation,” Philadelphia Area Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Meeting, Philadelphia, PA (April 2015).
- “Virtual Round Table: Fraud & White Collar Crime 2015, The Americas,” Corporate LiveWire (February 2015).
- “Implications of Pennsylvania’s Right to Know Law for Private Companies,” Association of Corporate Counsel – Delaware Valley Chapter (July 2012).
- Co-Chair, Member of Planning Commission and Presenter, the U.S.-Ireland Law and Business Symposium (2011-2013).