Joe Struble advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, business planning, and joint ventures. From business formation to ultimate disposition, Joe often counsels his clients throughout the life cycle of their business.
Companies and business owners turn to Joe to negotiate and document asset sales, securities purchases, and mergers. Joe prepares letters of intent, conducts due diligence, negotiates deal terms, drafts key contracts, and closes transactions. He also advises on the acquisition of distressed companies and their assets.
Joe counsels clients on business and strategic planning matters related to entity structure, corporate governance, tax planning, capital investments, equity incentives, executive employment, and key contracts. He works with clients to plan and document joint ventures and business formations involving the contribution of capital, technology, and real estate.
When the inevitable business dispute arises, Joe advises clients on matters related to contract interpretation, equity ownership, enforcement of non-competes, and business dissolution. From publicly traded companies to family businesses, Joe represents a variety of businesses with a focus on the technology, energy, services, and manufacturing industries. Joe also provides private client services to successful entrepreneurs and their families.
Rising Stars in Business & Corporate/M&A, San Antonio Scene Magazine (2019)
Recipient of Strasburger’s Phil Kelton Business Associate of the Year Award (2018)
American Bar Association, Business Law Section
San Antonio Bar Association, Member
San Antonio North Chamber of Commerce Leadership Lab, Class of 2019
Texas Bar Association, Business Law Section
Entrepreneurship Legal Clinics organized by LiftFund and Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, Attorney Volunteer
State Bar Licenses
Representative Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a publicly-traded manufacturing company in the acquisition of a private manufacturing company.
- Represented an e-commerce company in the sale of the company’s assets.
- Represented a publicly-traded energy services company in the acquisition of an energy technology company.
- Represented an entrepreneur in the purchase of a pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Represented a medical doctor in the sale of a multi-location, specialty medical practice.
- Represented an entrepreneur in the acquisition of the assets of a bankrupt technology company.
- Represented a majority stockholder in a technology company in the leveraged acquisition of a minority shareholder’s stock in the company.
Representative Business Planning Transactions
- Counseled companies and investors in business structure, profit sharing, and governance matters for new business ventures.
- Planned and documented business restructurings in anticipation of capital investments and business sales to achieve tax-efficient exits for business owners.
- Negotiated and documented cross-border joint venture transactions in the manufacturing and logistics industries.
- Negotiated and drafted loan agreements, technology contracts, and employment agreements.
- Negotiated and documented real estate purchases, conveyances, and leases.
Representative Business Disputes
- Represented a business owner in a dispute over the distribution of corporate assets and the dissolution of the corporation.
- Represented a company in a dispute with former employees regarding equity incentive compensation and enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Represented an investor in a dispute related to the repayment of loans and distribution of assets from a failed business.
- Analyzed key provisions in purchase agreements to develop dispute resolution strategies.
- Texas Two-Step: Business Entities and Mergers & Acquisitions, San Antonio CPA Society (May 2022)
- Assembling Your Deal Team, Panelist, ACG Austin/San Antonio’s 9th Annual Private Equity Two-Step (November 2021)
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar (September 2021)