Jonathan Roffe is a commercial litigator and counsel to businesses in the consumer goods, apparel, textile, and fashion industries. Jonathan has vast experience representing large to small corporate clients with various commercial concerns such as: contract disputes, corporate formation and partnerships, regulatory matters, labor and employment issues, and the creation, acquisition, and protection of clients’ intellectual property portfolios.
Jonathan has significant trial experience in various state courts, federal courts, and alternative dispute resolution forums across the United States. His clients include private individuals and companies located in the United States and abroad that are involved in the business of apparel branding, licensing, manufacturing, importation, and sale of consumer goods to major department stores across North America.
As a forward-thinking advocate, Jonathan’s strategic focus centers on understanding his client’s goals and implementing a strategy that best fits their needs.
Jonathan is also a certified mediator.
2016-2021 New York Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Business Litigation)
New York City Bar Association, Fashion Law Committee (2020-2021)
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement for his apparel/textile client on the eve of trial in a nationally recognized lawsuit wherein its licensor (a Nasdaq listed company) breached the exclusivity provision of the parties’ license agreement.
- Vast experience handling comprehensive pre-trial discovery involving bet the company litigation (including, preparing and deposing party, fact and expert witnesses).
- Briefed, argued and won numerous summary disposition motions in New York Federal Courts and New York State Court – Commercial Division.
- Won various First and Second Department New York State appeals.
- Conducted New York State Court trial and special referee proceeding (first chair).
*Experience completed prior to joining Clark Hill.