Jonathan Roffe focuses his career on assisting entrepreneurs and businesses strategically seize opportunities and develop sound legal strategies for lasting success. Jonathan has extensive experience supporting clients in state and federal courts across the country, as well as with dispute resolution and transactional services in the boardroom.
His clientele comprises a diverse range of businesses involved in the dynamic world of consumer goods, branding and manufacturing, in the United States (and abroad) as well as other businesses operating in the real estate, finance and healthcare industries.
What sets Jonathan apart as a forward-thinking advocate is his unwavering dedication to understanding his clients’ objectives and tailoring unique legal solutions to align with their long-term needs and goals. As such, Jonathan acts as general counsel for several clients, advising and assisting them with day-to-day business and operational issues that arise, such as contract drafting, contract violations, corporate formation, labor and employment matters, shareholder disputes, real estate dealings, intellectual property protection and various other everyday legal concerns.
Jonathan is also a certified mediator, offering alternative dispute resolution expertise to enhance his clients’ legal options. With a holistic approach, Jonathan is dedicated to his client’s success and long-term growth.
2016-2021 New York Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Business Litigation)
New York City Bar Association, Fashion Law Committee (2020-2021)
State Bar Licenses
- Obtained multi-million-dollar unanimous jury verdict for Fortune 100 company client following four day trial in case concerning breach of parties’ service agreement.
- Represent multiple Fortune 100 company clients in National Class and Multi-District Litigations.
- Vast experience handling comprehensive pre-trial discovery involving bet the company litigation (including, preparing and deposing party, fact and expert witnesses).
- Briefed, argued and won numerous dispositive motions in Federal Courts across the country, New York State Courts and Michigan State Courts.
- Obtained multi-million-dollar settlement for his apparel/textile client on the eve of trial in a nationally recognized lawsuit wherein its licensor (a Nasdaq listed company) breached the exclusivity provision of the parties’ license agreement.*
- Won various First and Second Department New York State appeals.*
*Experience completed prior to joining Clark Hill.