John A. TangJohn Tang Clark Hill
John A. Tang
John A. Tang is a member of the Firm's Intellectual Property practice. John has government and private industry experience in a broad range of intellectual property and technology areas, including all aspects of intellectual property protection and enforcement.
John's experience includes advising clients on ownership of patents, trademarks, internet domain names and copyrights; providing counsel on intellectual property portfolios, including what protection to seek and where; licensing opportunities; preparing and prosecuting patent, copyright and trademark applications with various federal and state governmental agencies and enforcing clients' intellectual property rights in federal courts and international tribunals. His clients include high technology and oil and gas companies, financial institutions, medical practices, restaurants, food distributors, e-commerce stores, start-ups, and non-profit organizations.
Before joining Clark Hill Strasburger, John practiced at an international law firm and was a patent examiner and attorney-advisor at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Washington, D.C. He is one of the few intellectual property attorneys who have worked as both a patent examiner (multiplex communications) and a trademark examining attorney (scientific equipment).
John is a registered professional engineer in the State of Texas. Prior to entering the legal profession, he served as an electrical engineer in the aerospace and telecommunications industries. John is a frequent speaker on intellectual property topics and has also been a featured guest on IP topics for "The Law," Houston Channel 55.2 and Houston VAB radio.
- Contributing editor. Trademark Practice and Forms, West (2001-present)
- Should You Register a DotSucks Domain for your Company?, The Business Journals (May 2015)
- How To Protect Intellectual Property Rights While Taking Advantage of Media Buzz, The Business Journals (May 2015)
- An Ounce of Trademark Protection Is Worth A Pound of Cure - Aspirin, Kleenex® and Nexium® (The Purple Pill®), Health Industry Online (May 2011)
- Ready or Not, Here I Come - The Biggest Changes to U.S. Patent Law in Over 60 years, Strasburger Intellectual Property Newsletter (September 2011)