Gilbert F. Vazquez
Gilbert F. Vazquez represents American and Mexican companies in matters related to corporate structure and capitalization, issuance of private-placement securities, franchising, and distribution.
Gilbert represents business owners, medium-sized and Fortune 100 companies, and large government agencies. He is fluent in business Spanish, reads French, and has more than 30 years of experience in all aspects of cross-border transactions primarily in Mexico and Latin America.
In the international arena, Gilbert’s experience includes representation of large American and Mexican companies in areas related to corporate structure and capitalization, issuance of private-placement securities, and other matters such as franchising, distribution, and joint venture agreements. He has represented several Mexican and Japanese-based companies with substantial manufacturing operations in the U.S. and in Mexico in the auto parts and petrochemical industries.
Named among Best Lawyers in America – Corporate Law by Best Lawyers (2022)
Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubble (1988-present)
Nominated Chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission by President William Jefferson Clinton (1994)
Selected as the Outstanding Young Lawyer by the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association (1987)
Selected as the Outstanding Young San Antonian by the San Antonio Jaycees (1985)
American Bar Association – International Law Section, Practice Management Section, Labor & Employment Section, former Law Notes Editor, ABA International Law Newsletter (1985-87)
State Bar of Texas – International Law Section, former Governing Councilmember (1985-88)
Business Law Section, Government Lawyer Section, Entertainment & Sports Law Section
San Antonio Bar Association – International Law Section
National Association of Bond Lawyers
The Center for American and International Law, Advisory Board, The Institute for Local Government Studies (1983-2016)
San Antonio Japanese Companies Association, Corporate Secretary (2007-present), Pro Bono Legal Counsel (2001-present)
San Antonio Zoological Society, President (2007-2011), Executive Committee Member (1988-1994, 1996-present), Board of Directors (1988-Present), former 1st Vice President (2003-2006), former 2nd Vice President (1999-2002)
United Way of San Antonio, Board of Trustees (1991-present), former Board of Contributors (1982-1987)
RiverCity Japanese Supplementary School, Pro Bono Legal Counsel (2001-present)
Alamo Asian American Chamber of Commerce
Japan America Society of San Antonio
San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
State Bar Licenses
- Represented foreign clients conducting business in the United States in international business transactions and in mergers, joint ventures, and strategic alliances involving public and private companies.
- Represented domestic and multinational corporations in the auto parts manufacturing, petrochemical, and high technology industries, as well as one client in the development, design, operation, and ownership of leisure entertainment, recreational, and resort facilities.
- Represented foreign individuals and multinational corporations in matters related to distribution agreements, importation agreements, issuance of debt, joint venture agreements, and franchising agreements and in the acquisition of real properties and other investments in the U.S.
- Represented a large multi-national company in general labor and employment law issues in Texas, including an OSHA investigation of an explosion at the company’s manufacturing facility.
- Corporate business representation involving investigation, litigation, and settlement of disputes involving: Americans with Disabilities Act, Corporate Downsizing, Employment. Discrimination and Title VII, Environmental, Health & Safety, Industrial Accidents at corporate job sites, Wrongful Death and Wrongful Termination.
- Basics of Doing Cross-Border Business in Mexico and in the U.S., U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (June 2017)
- Lecturer, Business Law: Basic Legal Structures for Business, U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (January 2016)
- Co-Presenter, Creative Financing for Housing Authorities, Housing Authorities of Texas Symposium (November 2013)