Gilbert F. VazquezGilbert Vazquez Clark Hill
Gilbert F. Vazquez
Gilbert F. Vazquez is a Harvard-trained attorney with a wide range of experience representing business owners, medium-sized and Fortune 100 companies, and large government agencies. He is fluent in business Spanish, reads French, and has more than 30 years of experience in all aspects of cross-border transactions primarily in Mexico and Latin America.
In the international arena, Gilbert's experience includes representation of large U.S. and Mexican companies in areas related to corporate structure and capitalization, issuance of private-placement securities and other matters such as franchising, distribution, and joint venture agreements. He has represented several Mexican and Japanese-based companies with substantial manufacturing operations in the U.S. and in Mexico in the auto parts and petrochemical industries.
- Represented foreign clients conducting business in the United States in international business transactions and in mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances involving public and private companies.
- Represented domestic and multinational corporations in the auto parts manufacturing, petrochemical and high technology industries, as well as one client in the development, design, operation and ownership of leisure entertainment, recreational and resort facilities.
- Represented foreign individuals and multinational corporations in matters related to distribution agreements, importation agreements, issuance of debt, joint venture agreements and franchising agreements and in the acquisition of real properties and other investments in the U.S.
- Represented a large multi-national company in general labor and employment law issues in Texas, including an OSHA investigation of an explosion at the company's manufacturing facility.
- Corporate business representation involving investigation, litigation and settlement of disputes involving: Americans with Disabilities Act, Corporate Downsizing, Employment Discrimination and Title VII, Environmental, Health & Safety, Industrial Accidents at corporate job sites, Wrongful Death and Wrongful Termination.
- Basics of Doing Cross-Border Business in Mexico and in the U.S., U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerce (June 2017)
- Lecturer. Business Law: Basic Legal Structures for Business, U.S.-Mexico Chamber of Commerceæ(January 2016)
- Co-Presenter. Creative Financing for Housing Authorities, Housing Authorities of Texas Symposium (November 2013)
- Lecturer. International Law: How to Select and Use Counsel in a Foreign Country, State Bar of Texas, Minority Counsel Program (2005)
- Lecturer. Private Enterprise Forum, Choice of Entity, Alamo Asian American Chamber of Commerce (2005)
- Texas Court May Clarify Jurisdiction In Cross-Border Disputes, Law360 (May 2017)
- U.S. Investment in Mexico's Oil Industry Seen as 'Game Changer', 1200 News Radio WOAI (December 2013)
- Five Minutes with Gilbert Vazquez: Attorney Says Changes Are Coming to Mexico's Oil Market, San Antonio Business Journal (December 2013)