Forrest M. "Teo" SegerForrest M. "Teo" Seger Clark Hill
Forrest M. "Teo" Seger
Teo Seger is a litigator who represents clients in cases involving commercial and business disputes, business torts, shareholder disputes, state tax controversies, and contract disputes. He practices in both State and Federal Court.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in trademark use disputes, with aæfocus on the restaurant and craft beverage industries;
- Successfully represented clients in asserting and defending against contract and partnership disputes, claims of shareholder oppression and organizational mismanagement, and disputes over commercial mergers and acquisitions;
- Defended national retailer in Federal copyright dispute;
- Represented university system in successfully challenging state administrative decision;
- Defended national service provider over alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act;
- Represented broker-dealers in arbitration proceedings before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Successfully represented national retailer at trial and on appeal on an issue of first impression in Texas tax law;
- Successfully represented national materials supplier in administrative trial contesting the overassessment of Texas sales and use tax;
- After being retained shortly before trial, negotiated favorable settlement for taxpayers in a Federal income tax dispute;
- Successfully represented taxpayer in a Federal Freedom of Information Act lawsuit to secure documents withheld by the Internal Revenue Service;
- Secured tax exemption for local non-profit organization after its initial exemption application was rejected;
- Represented third-party records retention company during a multi-year response to a IRS subpoena in a multi-billion dollar Federal audit.
- Drafted Texas Supreme Court Curiae brief regarding complex Texas tax law issues for international trade association.
- State Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2017)
- Smart Strategies for Expanding Your Bar, Restaurant, or Craft Beverage Operation, Local(3) Strasburger & Price, LLP (January 2017)
- State Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (November 2016)
- Texas Case Law Update, San Antonio CPA Society (July 2016)
- Texas Margin Tax and Sales Tax Update, Strasburger's Tax Symposium (September 2015)
- Motions for New Trial and Bills of Review: What to Expect When Dealing with What You Weren't Expecting,æSan Antonio Bar Association, Bench Motions & Trials VII (May 2015)
- TABC Permitting and Licensing Issues Affecting NonProfit Operations and Fundraising, State Bar of Texas: 12th Annual Governance of Nonprofit Organizations (August 2014)
- Raise Money Without Raising Issues: a Guide to Texas State Laws that Affect Nonprofit Fundraising, Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce (August 2011)
- Employing Interns Without Creating Employment Issues, Platinum Wealth Solutions HR Symposium (June 2011)
- Salt Point Timber, LLC: An Unjust Result or a Cautionary Tale?, Family Foundation Advisor (January/February 2018)
- Estate of DiMarco: Lessons From Yet Another Charitable Contribution Deduction Denied, Family Foundation Advisor (November/December 2015)
- Intern, Employee, or Volunteer? The Risks of Worker Misclassification, Family Foundation Advisor, (May/June 2015)
- Motions for New Trial and Bills of Review: What to Expect When Dealing with What You Weren't Expecting, San Antonio Bar Association Bench Motions & Trials VII (May 2015)