Cynthia D. GrimesCynthia Grimes Clark Hill
Cynthia D. Grimes
Cynthia Day Grimes is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. She has tried 72 jury trials involving complex and catastrophic issues including nine brain injury cases. Her practice includes civil litigation and health law with emphasis on commercial litigation, medical products and negligence, and she regularly represents medical professionals in Board licensing matters and clients in credentialing issues.
Cynthia has represented healthcare providers in litigation and resolution of commercial disputes including injunctions. She has handled the resolution of claims involving 1000 patients nationally for a component part manufacturer and over 100 claims for several dentists. She handles commercial disputes including breach of contract, fraud, and recoupment in administrative proceedings.
Cynthia has been Board Certified in two areas since 1984: Civil Trial Litigation and Personal Injury Litigation, Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Cynthia is married to Rob Grimes, a potter and local pastor and has two daughters and three stepsons.
- Successful defense of multiple claim sexual abuse cases including child care setting and jury defense verdict in a criminal case involving a healthcare provider.
- Injunctions, cease and desist letters, and resolutions concerning non-compete clauses in contracts particularly for healthcare providers.
- Handled litigation involving contract disputes in the healthcare field and other commercial areas
- Defended litigation cases involving neuro-monitoring during spinal surgery.
- Successful defense of many cases involving hospital, nursing homes and health care providers
- Represented medical group in TRO against a hospital.
- Represented a hospital in commercial litigation by a medical doctor asserting interference with a contractual relationship, libel, and breach of contract.
- Successful defense of a University in a jury trial arising out of the death of a student on the cross country team while running off campus.
- Defense of a surgical center with allegations of fraud, negligence and failure to credential in a suit by a quadriplegic seeking damages from surgery.
- Defense of product manufacturers in litigation claiming injury from durable medical products.
- Represented a component part manufacturer in the resolution of claims involving over 1000 patients nationally.
- Obtained dismissal in two cases for a company that serves as the IRB for clinical trials.
- Regularly represents healthcare professionals before their respective Boards.
- Defense jury verdict for a health care provider in a California trial court where plaintiffs were asserting brain damage because of negligence.
- Successful defense of an international retail corporation in pharmaceutical and premises liability litigation in South Texas.
- Being a More Effective Advocate: In and Out of Court", American College of Trial Lawyers (November 2018)
- Faculty. Demonstration of Opening Statement, Texas Access to Justice Commission Trial Academy (May 2016)
- Emerging Medical Technology: Trending Topics, InnoTech San Antonio's Emerging Medical Technology Symposium (May 2016)
- Speaker. Hot Topics in New and Existing Medical Device Technologies: What is on the Horizon From the Scientific and Legal Perspectives? 24th Medical Device Seminar (June 2011)
- Faculty. Demonstration of Objections to Cross Examination of Witness, Texas Access to Justice Commission Trial Academy (May 2011)
- Faculty. Demonstration of Cross Examination of Expert, Texas Access to Justice Commission Trial Academy (2010)
- Speaker. Non-Manufacturer Sellers of Medmarc Products: Helping or Hurting the Defense (September 2009)
- Panelist. Women in the Legal Profession: Recognizing and Developing Your Style, ALFA (2009)
- Panelist. The ABC's of Investigations and the Legal Ramifications of the Process. ALFA's Product Liability Practice Group Seminar (November 2008)
- Moderator. Re-Tooling Your Practice after Tort Reform, DRI Annual Meeting (2007)
- Speaker. Controlling the Uncontrollable: How Recent Drug Safety Legislation and Tort Reform Will Affect Products Liability Risk, Annual Drug & Device Litigation Seminar (December 2007)
- Moderator. Retooling your Practice after Tort Reform, DRI Annual Meeting (October 2007)
- Lawyer Talk: What do We Really Think About Mock Trials, Jury Consultants and Focus Groups?, Medmarc's Annual Medical Device Seminar (June 2005)
- A Multi-State Survey of Health Care Law, AFLA's Health Care Practice Group (1999)
- Author. Twelve Angry Men?, MDNews (August 2013)
- Author. Hot Topics in New and Existing Medical Device Technologies: What is on the Horizon From the Scientific and Legal Perspectives? 24th Medical Device Seminar (June 2011)
- Author. Non-Manufacturer Sellers of Medmarc Products: Helping or Hurting the Defense. (September 2009)
- Frequent Claims in Lawsuits, Healthcare Risk Management (August 2018)