Audrey HornisherAudrey Hornisher Clark Hill
Audrey Hornisher's practice focuses primarily on creditor's rights, business restructurings, workouts of distressed debt transactions, and other bankruptcy-related matters. She represents all major stakeholders in out-of-court and in-court restructurings and reorganizations, including secured and unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, and lenders. Audrey's experience involves a range of industries, including finance, manufacturing, energy, retail, and technology.
Audrey has experience with:
- Corporate bankruptcies
- 11 U.S.C. § 363 sales
- Protection of creditor rights
- Fraudulent transfer litigation
- Voidable preference litigation
Audrey regularly represents national and regional lenders and businesses to assess and resolve issues in chapter 11, 7, and 13 bankruptcies. She has experience in analyzing business transactions and assisting creditors in filing proof of claims in bankruptcy cases. She assisted in the 11 U.S.C. § 363 sale of a national retail chain and has an understanding of the procedures and requirements of selling distressed assets. Additionally, Audrey has helped both large lenders and small businesses navigate the path to protect their collateral during a debtor's bankruptcy including lifting the automatic stay and negotiating the use of cash collateral. She has experience in representing creditors in adversary proceedings including fraudulent transfer and voidable preference litigation. While representing a national energy and manufacturing company, she assisted in the negotiation of settling a preference action for .15% of the alleged damages.
Prior to joining Clark Hill Strasburger, Audrey served as a judicial law clerk for Chief Judge Ronald B. King of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Western District of Texas. She utilizes her clerkship experience to provide a unique and valuable perspective of her clients' issues.
- Speaker. Only the Senior Secured Survive: UCC Article 9, Southwest Association of Bank Counsel Conference (September 2018)
- Panelist. Federal Judicial Clerkship Panel, SMU Dedman School of Law (September 2017)
- Panelist. Behind the Chamber Door, San Antonio Bar Association (July 2017)
- BANKRUPTCY UPDATE: New Requirements & Deadlines for Proofs of Claim, Strasburger's Business Reorganization & Bankruptcy Newsletter (March 2018)
- Co-author with Chief Judge Ronald B. King and Amber Fly. Recent Developments Supp. Case Law Update, Texas Bankruptcy Bench Bar Conference, San Antonio, Texas (May 2017)
- Author. Short-Circuiting Legal Guidance in the Digital Age: An Evaluation of Inadequate Protections for the First and Fourth Amendments, and the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 SMU SCI. & TECH. L. REV. 343 (October 2015)