Firm Operations Opportunities
Clark Hill frequently recruits talent to support our attorneys as they deliver exceptional service to our clients. We are seeking to hire highly-motivated individuals who understand the importance of service to both internal and external clients, and are truly team players. The skills and work ethic of our firm operations colleagues are essential to ensuring the quality of our work product and the efficient and effective operation of our growing organization.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for an assigned group of attorneys for the monthly billing process. Primary responsibilities include processing of client invoices as well as electronically submitting invoices per agreement with specific clients. For this portion, the Specialist edits, calculates, transfers, and make any changes necessary to produce an invoice. The edited proformas (paper or paperless) are returned to the assigned Billing Specialist to produce the finished invoice after changes are made. The Billing Specialist will ensure timely and accurate submission and acceptance of electronic invoices for both routine and complex billing arrangements.
- Create proformas in paper or paperless, edit noted attorney changes (transfers, value adjustments, etc.), and process invoices as a draft or final invoice in accounting software.
- Reconcile to client’s billing requirements, including format, backup information and billing frequency, and distribute finished invoices.
- Send reminders to the billing attorney to submit proformas or prebills (paperless) to process.
- Responsible for ensuring that all invoices are processed timely and accurately, and submitting invoices via U.S. mail or electronically upon receipt of the Accounting Copy of the original invoice.
- As time permits, help other billing specialists with bill processing.
- Update assigned attorneys manual with any special billing requirements so that in case of absence someone else can process.
- Maintain filing as necessary.
- Communicate with Dallas Billing Manager regarding billing status, workflow, problems and/or other concerns.
- Performs related duties as assigned by Billing Manager.
- Helps cover other accounting personnel duties either due to absence or high volume with a special emphasis on other billing specialist duties.
- Any special requirements as requested by the client are the responsibility of the Billing Specialist, including any summary reports or spreadsheets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Firm’s financial billing software and Excel and Word software.
- Must be detail-orientated and work accurately at a fast pace.
- Must be dependable and trustworthy and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in a professional manner when addressing clients, attorneys and various levels of management.
- Ability to identify issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Must have good people skills; work well with others.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks under limited supervision, attention to detail, following tasks to completion and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demeanor in keeping with a professional legal office.
- Must type at least 40 wpm.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of accounting/billing experience; exposure to billing preferred.
This high-impact role will directly influence the Firm’s technology and product roadmaps for web-based applications, along with how we grow and keep our users engaged.
- Maintain, enhance, and upgrade our web server/application suite based on business and developer requirements.
- Develop sites using industry standard code and technologies.
- Contribute to our transition to a service-oriented architecture, and support third party application onboarding/offloading.
- Partner with other firm departments to identify business needs and translate those into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements.
- Be aware of technology shifts and make recommendations beneficial to the success of the Firm.
- Develop technical requirements based on business need.
- Support other firm software packages such as Needles, box, and other applications that the firm may utilize.
- Serve as a key business process analyst and technology solutioning specialist between attorneys, business units, and IT.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7+ years in the IT industry and a good understanding of the full life cycle of development.
- 6+ years of MS-SharePoint developer experience (MS-SharePoint 2016/13, MS-SharePoint On-Line Application/Solution development) worked as a Technical SME for SharePoint, previously implemented SharePoint based Business solutions, branding, Business Process Automation, Content Management, Dashboard/Reporting.
- 5+ years of experience developing interactive web applications using a dynamic scripting language like PHP, .Net, Python, or Perl.
- 3+ years of SharePoint workflow solution developer experience using industry standard forms and workflow technologies.
- 1+ years of developer experience using SharePoint Designer.
- 1+ year of O365/ SharePoint Online sites design, development, creation and maintenance experience.
- Proficient with responsive design and mobile-friendly HTML.
- Proficient with SQL and Relational Databases, especially MySQL and/or RDS.
- Proficient with Search Engine Optimization. Demonstrated methods to drive user visibility.
- Comfortable using revision control methodology.
- The ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides.
- Understanding of active directory.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
Experience, Education, and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science (or comparable field).
- Provide technical leadership through design, initiative, creativity, and improving the performance of junior staff
- Manage work assignments to meet deadlines of self and others.
- Translate business and design goals into a quality deliverable.
Clark Hill PLC is seeking an experienced Senior Systems Engineer. This position could be located in Our Dallas, Chicago, Detroit or Los Angeles offices. This position is responsible for managing and analyzing firm systems, which comprise the server, storage, Exchange and Cloud Services environment used by the firm. Other responsibilities include design, development, analysis, installation and documentation of the firm’s infrastructure of Virtualization and Storage servers, Exchange servers, Office 365 Cloud Services, Mimecast Security and Archival, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and other Cloud, laaS, and SaaS Infrastructure. Qualified candidates must possess a strong working knowledge of Windows Powershell, Windows Server operating systems, and VMWare EXSi virtualization technologies. Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Alex Rodriguez, Director of IT Infrastructure, at firstname.lastname@example.org and Brian Stanton, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please include “Senior Systems Engineer” in the subject line of the submission email.
Clark Hill PLC is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst for our Information Technology department. This position reports to the Manager of Enterprise Applications and could be located in our Detroit, MI, Dallas, TX or Collin County, TX office locations. As part of a growing firm and team, the role requires strong leadership and forward thinking in order to deliver valuable solutions to our firm. The ideal candidate is results-oriented, has a strong sense of responsibility, takes ownership of their projects and successfully manages multiple tasks and projects in a changing environment.
- Perform Administrator duties and provide Subject Matter Expertise in Document Management Systems
- Support a variety of Legal Financial Solutions
- Application Portfolio Management
- Participate in internal projects as assigned
- 3rd level Application Support to user community for various custom and vendor applications
- Manage requirements and processes (e.g., new, enhancements or maintenance), prepare application system specifications, and develop, test and implement efficient, cost effective solutions
- Takes part in operational activities, coordinates, and educates the helpdesk with regard to supported systems
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of support and system documentation
- Makes recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensures a good proactive working relationship is maintained between your team and other teams within the IT Department, as well as with the users
- Prepare and communicate status reports to team and management
- Elicit business requirements from key stakeholders by using interviews, document analysis requirements workshops, task and workflow analysis
- Manage multiple projects from small to large scale in a cross-functional environment
- Assist in the creation of documentation to support current and future applications
- Successful track record in applying technology to serve business functions
- Demonstrate analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Utilize SQL knowledge to navigate and update tables
- Identify training opportunities and attend training to enhance firm operations
Qualified candidates must possess excellent communication skills and high degree of professionalism, along with a willingness to “do whatever it takes” with high energy within a collaborative team environment; and a demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service. Prior experience supporting desktops, laptops, and other technology in an office setting; and, experience with process improvement methodologies are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years experience providing 2nd level IT support to user community within applications
- Experience administering, maintaining and supporting enterprise wide document management systems,
- Certified Document Management Systems Professional for iManage is a plus
- Experience supporting mission critical systems for an enterprise environment
- Knowledge in MS SQL Server and Structured Query Language is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with helpdesk and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity and experience with legal industry desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products and troubleshooting
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, time management and customer relations skills
- Works well as an individual as well as part of a team
- Ability to interpret computer system concepts into user terms and vice versa
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical experience with various applications commonly used in a legal or professional environment is a plus
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams, acute attention to detail and quality, and driven with the ability to self-manage
- Able to work independently, be a collaborative team player, excellent time management and prioritization skills, able to manage a heavy workload at times, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude, and providing exemplary customer service
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Dorothy DiFranco (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Brian Stanton (email@example.com). Please include “Systems Analyst” in the subject line of the submission email.
The New York Office of Clark Hill is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant. This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the office (i.e. ordering supplies, maintaining office calendar, vendor contacts, order catering for on-site events), as well as supporting the legal needs of one attorney by opening new matters and assisting with attorney monthly billing requirements. The ideal candidate will be comfortable using the firm’s software and be able to work 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., with flexibility depending on the needs of the office.
Clark Hill PLC is seeking a Practice Assistant for its Princeton, NJ office location. The Practice Assistant provides administrative (clerical) support to attorneys, paralegals, and secretaries with scheduling, calendar management, transcription and proofreading, drafting correspondence, filing, assisting with billing process, travel arrangements and expense reimbursements, entering attorney time, creating, revising, and formatting legal documents, along with other related tasks as required and/or assigned.
- Assist with scheduling of appointments, arranging travel accommodations, preparing travel itineraries and managing calendars and expense reporting.
- Assist with creating documents, spreadsheets, and all forms of correspondence, both internal and external, as well as maintaining accurate and up-to-date filing of documentation.
- Enter conflict information into the system for the purpose of running conflict checks for new clients.
- Assist with opening new matters and assisting with attorney monthly billing requirements.
- Type letters, memos and reports as required.
- Reception desk duties and coverage, as needed.
- Organize and produce physical closing binders and closing CDs for transactional matters, and exhibit and production material binders for litigation matters.
- Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or requested (as needed) by the Office Manager, attorneys, paralegals, or secretaries such as performing light billable work (if qualified and if requested on an as-needed basis) and other related tasks.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- At least 3 years office administrative work experience.
- Previous experience working in a law-firm environment, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Willingness to learn new skills and responsibilities.
- Team Player orientation.
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downtown San Diego law firm seeks an experienced litigation secretary with at least 4 years of experience who is motivated and detail-oriented for a busy civil litigation desk. Must have a thorough knowledge of e-filing procedures, Federal and State court rules, as well as the ability to calendar per CCP rules. Professionalism, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize and proficiency in Word and Excel is a must. Must type at least 60 wpm and be a team player. Complex litigation and trial preparation experience is a plus. We offer a competitive compensation package and great benefits.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Neomi Escudero at email@example.com.
Clark Hill PLC is seeking a highly experienced and skilled Receptionist for its Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will manage the reception desk and provide clerical support as needed. Candidates must possess excellent computer skills; excellent communication skills; high level customer service skills; high level of organizational skills; and must be a team player. Receptionist responsibilities include answering phones; greeting clients and visitors; opening and distributing mail; scheduling conference rooms; teams with backup Receptionist to ensure appropriate levels of coverage are maintained at all times; and additional duties as required. Candidates must be able to work 8:30 – 5:30 pm with occasional overtime. Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume (including cover letter detailing salary requirement) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The File Clerk provides non-billable assistance on a regular basis with document organization, indexing and filing.
- On a daily basis gather, separate and file correspondence and pleadings for the attorneys and secretaries.
- Create and maintain files and subfiles for various clients and matters.
- Provide coverage for receptionist
- Provide additional filing assistance to secretaries on an as needed basis (i.e., notebooks).
- Move files within/among cabinets as necessary, and pull, box and prepare indices for various reasons, including those to be closed.
- Provide copying assistance on an as needed basis to secretaries and attorneys.
- Other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Should be a quick learner and have good organizational skills.
- Must be computer-literate.
- Physical requirements include lifting items with a weight of 25 lbs. or more, lifting files, file boxes and large notebooks.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 1 year of general office work required, some legal experience a plus.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Clark Hill LLP seeks a full-time legal file/records clerk in its San Diego office. Ideal candidate should have at least one or more years of experience in a law firm or other professional services firm. The file clerk will be responsible for providing file maintenance and management support to secretaries, paralegals and attorneys (hard files and through a document management system), backup support for reception and office services, and the closing of files. Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be highly organized, take initiative and have excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Candidates must be proficient in Word, Outlook and general computer operations. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Neomi Escudero at email@example.com.
Clark Hill PLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer