2022 Chicago Labor & Employment Conference
- 1.0 Donuts and New Developments in Employment Law
- The Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) | Presented by Amelia Newton
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) | Presented by Daniel Kinsella
- Arbitration Agreements | Presented by Paul Starkman
- The Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) | Presented by Melissa Ventrone
- 2.0 How High is the Bar ADA, FMLA, & WC Obstacles in 2022 | Presented by Yvette Heintzelman
- Determining what information to request, the parameters of the interactive process, and reasonable accommodation requirements and maintaining legal compliance under the ADA, FMLA and workers compensation is difficult. The bar is further raised by recent employee demands and the difficulties posed by retention and replacement. Join us for a discussion on some options for addressing these complicated issues.
- 3.0 Whistleblowers An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Legal Fees | Presented by Daniel Kinsella
- Employers in all industries, including but not limited to human resources professionals and in-house counsels, are cordially invited to join in a discussion to gain guidance to prevent and respond to whistleblower and other retaliation claims.
- 4.0 Restrictive Covenants & the Best Practices in a Changing Environmen | Presented by Paul Starkman and Samuel Tallman
- Illinois and other states have enacted laws limiting the use of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements as well other restrictive covenants. Join us for a discussion on how this trend is unfolding on a federal, state, and local level. We will also examine what employers need to know about how restrictive covenants affect the recruitment and retention of talent during the “Great Resignation.”
- 5.0 Current Trends in DEI Initiatives- A Conversation About Where We Are Today| Presented by Richard Chapman and Latasha Thomas
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is at the top of the agendas of many businesses, their clients and customers, and their vendors. Rich Chapman, Of Counsel at Clark Hill and managing member of the workplace training and DEI implementation company, Chapman Associates, and Latasha Thomas, Senior Counsel at Clark Hill, will facilitate an interactive conversation about the value of DEI programming, the barriers to incorporating DEI initiatives, what businesses find is or isn’t working, and what can we do now.
- 6.0 You’ve Been Hacked Now What| Presented by Melissa Ventrone
- When it comes to incident response, every company is a target. This is not just IT’s problem. Learn more about what is at stake because of a data breach or security incident, the legal reporting requirements if one happens, and the next steps to keep your company secure in case of an attack.
First Amendment Boot Camp for School Administrators
Join us for a half-day, in-person conference as we deep dive into First Amendment rights in schools.
What's Hot in the U.S. Crime Market - Part III
Please join us for a fast-moving presentation on the important current trends in the crime and related insurance coverage markets.
Post-Merger Integration Challenges in the Cannabis Industry
Join us for a thoughtful discussion which will cover M&A project integration plan outlines. We will discuss the timeline for major resources, assets, and processes of the acquiring and acquired companies that will be combined in order to achieve the goals of the deal.