William Bolotin’s practice has been concentrated in futures regulation and managed funds for over 30 years. Bill advises futures industry registrants on compliance with exchange, Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and National Futures Association (NFA) rules and regulations.
For commodity trading advisors and commodity pool operators, his work includes preparation of disclosure documents and private offering memorandums as well as advice on structuring transactions, registration issues and applicable exemptions. Bill also counsels futures commission merchants, introducing brokers, commodity trading advisors, commodity pool operators and traders in connection with regulatory investigations and disciplinary proceedings.
Peer Review Rating of “AV Preeminent,” the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards, from Martindale-Hubbell, a leading professional directory.
Named a Leading Lawyer in Chicago by Leading Lawyers℠ (2023)
Chicago Bar Association, member of Futures and Derivatives Law Committee, past Chair of the Financial and Investment Services Committee
Illinois State Bar Association, past Chair of the Agricultural Law Section Council
Illinois Bar Foundation Fellow
Arbitrator, National Futures Association
State Bar Licenses
- Private fund offerings
- CTA disclosure documents
- CFTC, NFA and exchange investigations and enforcement actions
- Defense of NFA and AAA arbitration claims
- Agribusiness issues related to the commodity futures markets
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Commodity Futures Contracts for Ag Lawyers presented at Texas Bar Agricultural Law conference at Texas Tech University, 2016
- Commodities Regulation Issues chapter in the IICLE text, Illinois Law and Agribusiness