Steven S. BrownSteven Brown Clark Hill
Steven S. Brown
Steven S. Brown is Senior Counsel in the Litigation Practice Group in Clark Hill's Chicago office. Steven concentrates his practice in IRS Administrative Practice and U.S. Tax Court litigation. He represents and counsels corporations, individuals, partnerships, tax exempt organizations, trusts and estates. He has over 40 years experience in litigating matters before the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. District Courts and U.S. Courts of Appeal.
Steven began his career with the IRS as a Trial Attorney in the Office of Regional Counsel (1973-1978) and ultimately as a Senior Trial Attorney in the Office of District Counsel (1978-1979) in Chicago, Illinois.
“The Fallout After Ballard,” Journal of Tax and Procedure, 2005
- “Tax Controversy Hot Topics,” San Antonio 2018 Annual Tax Symposium, Clark Hill, November 6, 2018
- “IRS Audits and Tax Court Litigation,” Dallas 2018 Annual Tax Symposium, Clark Hill, November 5, 2018
- “What To Do When The IRS Comes Calling,” Webinar, July 17, 2018
- “IRS Practice & Procedures,” 2005 Tax Conference, Illinois CPA Foundation
- “What Remains of the Attorney-Client and Accountant-Client Privilege in Tax Planning?” Arizona Bar Convention, 2004
- “Privilege and Work Product in the Context of Tax Litigation, Lessons from the Trenches,” ABA Tax Section - CLE, 2004
- “Representation of Promoters and Preparers in Tax Shelter Investigations,” ABA Tax Section, 2003
- “An Overview of IRS Examinations, Administrative Appeals and Tax Court Litigation,” Chicago Bar Association, 2000
Adjunct Professor, Federal Civil Tax Procedure, LL.M Program in Tax Law, The John Marshall Law School, 1985-2010