Linda M. WatsonLinda Watson Clark Hill
Linda M. Watson
Linda M. Watson is Co-chair of the Automotive & Manufacturing Practice Group. She has been named a Michigan Super Lawyer in business litigation and listed as one of the Top Women Attorneys in Michigan. Linda has over 20 years of complex litigation experience representing small to large privately-held business entities, as well as public corporations both at the trial and appellate levels of federal and state courts. Her practice covers all areas of business and commercial litigation, including supply chain matters, contracts actions, employment claims, warranty disputes, business torts, property issues, construction, intellectual property, trade secrets, and copyright and trademark law. Linda has significant experience in the following industries: automotive, manufacturing, health care, information technology, entertainment and banking.
In addition, Linda serves as corporate counsel for companies providing advice and counseling on business and legal matters. Linda lectures and holds workshops and seminars on a national basis for In-House Counsel, offering them best practice guidelines, legal updates and law department management tips. Linda is a graduate of the National Trial Institute for Trial Advocacy, one of the leading institutions for intensive professional training in the art and skills of trial advocacy. In a time when it is difficult to find an attorney who has actual trial experience, Linda has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict. In addition, Linda has served as a discovery master and arbitrator in business disputes.
Linda serves in various leadership roles, including Co-chair of the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Co-chair of the Automotive and Manufacturing Practice Group and as Practice Manager for the Litigation Practice Group in the Birmingham, Michigan office.
Current and Former Professional Activities:
- Co-chair of the Clark Hill Automotive and Manufacturing Practice Group;
- Co-chair of the Clark Hill Diversity & Inclusion Committee;
- Legal Advisor to OESA Warranty Management Counsel;
- Legal Advisor to Motor & Equipment Remanufacturers Association;
- Moderator and Host of Webinar Series for In-House Counsel featuring speakers on topics involving legal updates, best practice tips, business issues and law department management;
- Vice-Chairperson of The State Bar Publications and Website Advisory Committee;
- Former Member of the Standing Committee on Judicial Qualifications for the State Bar of Michigan;
- Member of The Oakland Circuit Court Committee, serving as a liaison between the bench and bar of the Oakland County Bar Association;
- Speaker for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education;
- Speaker for the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants.
Recent Publications, Recognitions and Presentations:
- January 2017, Presenter, “Employee Background Checks,” Clark Hill In-House Counsel webinar
- March 2015, presentation for OESA for program entitled “Insights and Analysis of OEM Warranty Programs for Suppliers.”
- February 2015, Moderator for Annual Economic Forecast Panel presented by the Bloomfield Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.
- February 2015, authored article in Michigan Bar Journal entitled “The Art of Admitting Exhibits into Evidence During Trial.”
- January 2015, authored article appearing in the OESA Legal Corner entitled “Taking Advantage of the New Business Courts to Resolve Supplier Disputes.”
- November 2014, presented at the 10th Annual Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference on Best Practices for Admitting Exhibits Into Evidence.
- October 2013, Moderator for OESA Legal Issues Council Panel Discussion for program entitled “Key Legal Considerations for U.S. and Canada In-House Counsel on Business in Mexico.”
- July 2013, presentation for OESA Legal Issues Council on the topic “Maintaining Privilege in an In-House Setting.”
- January 2013-December 2013, moderated monthly In-House Webinar programs addressing intellectual property, employment updates, law department management and government affairs.
- December 2012, presentation for OESA "2012 OEM Warranty: Real Stories, Winning Solutions and Best Practices."
- April 2012, SRR Journal, Guest Author, "Warranty Cost Sharing: A Framework for Resolving Disputes."
- October 2011, article, “Warranty Cost Savings; The Framework for Negotiations,” featured in OESA Comparative Analysis of OEM Warranty Programs presentation and publication.
- October 2011, group leader, MERA Legislative Summit, Washington, D.C.
- March 2011, group leader, MEMA Legislative Summit, Washington, D.C.
- February 2011, moderator for Economic Forecast panel event, presented by The Bloomfield Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.
- January 2011, In-House Counsel webinar series, “A Practical Look at the FCPA for In-House Attorneys.”
- Jan. 8, 2010, edition of Corp! magazine, article “How to Keep Your Company Thriving in a Tough Economy.”
- Dec. 12, 2009, In-House Counsel Workshop, “A Practical Guide to Social Media for the Business and Practice of Law.”
- Feb. 24, 2009, In-House webinar series, Trade Secrets and Security, “You Can’t Have One Without The Other, Anymore.”
- Dec. 5, 2008, In-House Counsel Workshop, “Protecting the Privilege.”
- June 24, 2008, In-House Counsel webinar series, Restrictive Covenants, “The New Realities of Enforcement and Recent Trend.”
- April 29, 2008, In-House Counsel webinar series, E-Discovery, “What Every In-House Attorney Needs to Know: Best Practice Tips.”
- March 18, 2008, In-House Counsel webinar series, “Protecting the Attorney Client Privilege: Updates on Best Practices.”
- April 2008, Corporate Counsel Edition of Super Lawyers, listed as Super Lawyer for Michigan.
- October 2007, edition of Latches magazine feature article “Employ Me as a Shareholder: The W-2 of a Section 489 Plaintiff is Now Relevant.”
- September 2007, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine, listed as Super Lawyer for business litigation.
- September 2006, Michigan Super Lawyers magazine, listed as Super Lawyer for business litigation.
- May 2004, edition of Michigan Bar Journal, “Anticipating Electronic Discovery in Commercial Cases; a Guide for In-house and Corporate Counsel.”