Leigh Roadman represents individuals and entities from many industries in white collar criminal investigations and trials by federal and state courts as well as federal and state agencies.
Leigh represents individuals and entities in federal and state white-collar criminal investigations and trials involving multiple industries, including medical professionals, pharmaceutical company executives, healthcare company owners and executives, food company owners and executives. Additionally, Leigh represents owners and financial executives of a wide variety of businesses that have come under scrutiny by the IRS, the FBI, HHS, SEC, FDA, USDA, FDIC, EPA, DOL, and state agencies. Leigh has extensive experience in representing individuals and entities in related civil administrative and enforcement proceedings, commercial litigation and civil audits, appeals and litigation. He defends clients owing tax debts who face liens, levies and other enforcement activities by federal and state tax agencies.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2009 – 2023)
Martindale Hubbell AV preeminent ranked – White Collar Crime (2010 – 2021)
Leading Lawyers Network – White Collar Criminal Defense and Tax Law (2004- 2021)
Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list for White Collar Criminal Defense (2009 – present)
Named a Leading Lawyer in Illinois by Leading Lawyers℠ (2022)
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Adjunct Professor – Federal Tax Practice and Procedure (2015), Adjunct Professor – Tax Crimes and Penalties (2009-2014)
John Marshall Law School, Adjunct Professor – Tax Practice and Procedure (1993-1999)
Chicago Bar Association, Chairman, Tax Practice and Procedure Committee (2001), Member, Federal Defender Panel (1991-Present)
State Bar Licenses
- Represented business executive charged with gambling, structuring and money laundering violations.
- Represented executive charged with multiple violations of the Internal Revenue Code related to multiple corporate and personal income tax returns.
- Represented executive charged with environmental crimes.
- Represented sales executives of pharmaceutical companies charged with multiple violations of the Medicare Anti-Kickback laws.
- Represented physician charged with multiple violations of the Medicare Anti-Kickback laws.
- Represented corporate officer alleged to be personally liable for non-payment of corporation’s employment taxes.
- Represented numerous taxpayers in civil tax audits and collection matters by federal and state tax agencies.
- Presenter, “Trial Advocacy for Civil Litigators – Cross Examination: Rules of the Game,” Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, October 2019
- Presenter, “Practical Applications: Part II – Foundations in the Digital Age,” Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education