Lauri A. KavulichLauri Kavulich Clark Hill
Lauri A. Kavulich
Lauri A. Kavulich is a member in the Philadelphia office of Clark Hill PLC. As a member of the Litigation and Labor & Employment groups, she represents both public and private clients. She is first and foremost a litigator with a focus on labor and employment, and frequently defends clients in front of juries in a variety of cases from sexual harassment and discrimination to commercial litigation and antitrust.
Lauri’s career as a litigator has spanned over thirty years. During that time, she has litigated a variety of cases such as personal injury, insurance coverage, antitrust, commercial litigation, toxic tort, and employment litigation, including FELA. Lauri also handles § 1983 litigation for government entities and has successfully defended such entities.
Lauri has extensive experience in employment practice litigation in state and federal administrative proceedings and courts for governmental entities, railroads, for both large and small employers. As an employment litigator, she serves as a consultant to employers regarding FMLA, ADA, handbooks, employment policies and procedures, workers compensation, non-compete agreements, terminations, and virtually any issue regarding employees. She has extensive experience in grievance arbitrations and issues that arise under collective bargaining agreements, including under the NLRA. In addition, she represents employers in administrative and court proceedings filed under such statutes as the ADA, FMLA, Title VII, PHRA, ADEA, and FELA.
Lauri has been voted one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Pennsylvania, been named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine for the last sixteen years and is a member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and the Independence Visitor Center in Philadelphia.
- Quoted, SHRM.org, "Are Noncompetes Enforceable During the COVID-19 Pandemic?" October 1, 2020.
- Author, The Legal Intelligencer, “The Lead: Workplace Issues Affecting You Now,” Bimonthly article series for law firm and legal department leaders. Topics include wellness in the workplace, addiction in the legal industry, managing and supporting employees virtually. 2019-present.
- Quoted, SHRM.org, “What Should Employers Do When Workers Exhaust FMLA Leave?” May 20, 2019.
- Author, The Legal Intelligencer, “The 'Freedom to Work' Act and What It Means for Noncompetes in PA," November 2018.
- Author, Clark Hill E-Alert, "What Employers Need to Know About Pennsylvania's New Medical Marijuana Act," May 2016.
- Author, The Legal Intelligencer / Pennsylvania Law Weekly, "The Impact of the Medical Marijuana Act on Employers," April 2016.
- Author, The Legal Intelligencer, Labor & Employment Special Section, “When a Workers’ Comp Case Turns Into a Minefield of Litigation,” November 2016.
- Presenter, “Managing Where the ADA, FMLA, and Workers Comp Intersect,” Annual National Workers' Compensation & Disability Conference & Expo, Las Vegas, Nevada, November 6-8, 2019.
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, March 2019.
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, September 2018.
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, March 2018.
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, September 2017.
- Presenter, “ADA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation,” Clark Hill Webinar, May 2017.
- Presenter, “FMLA Compliance – What Every Employer Needs to Know,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017.
- Speaker, “Employment Law Updates – Changes in Employment Laws That You Need to Know,” CLE After Hours, NALS of Philadelphia, February 2017.
- Presenter, “Don’t Let Workers’ Comp Claims Generate FMLA, ADA, or Discrimination Complaints,” 25th Annual National Workers' Compensation & Disability Conference & Expo, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 2016.
- Presenter, “Employment Issues Arising Out of a Personal Injury Claim,” Dispute Resolution Institute’s 3rd Annual Personal Injury Practicum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 2016.
- Presenter, “Workers Compensation and FMLA and ADA Claims,” Greater Philadelphia Executive Claims Counsel, September 2016.
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law,” “Mental Health Issues in the Workplace,” “Will My Employee Ever Work Full Time and at Full Capacity Again?” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016.
- Presenter, "Update on Pennsylvania's 'HOT TOPICS' in Asbestos," ACI's 18th National Forum on Asbestos Claims and Litigation.