Lauri A. KavulichLauri Kavulich Clark Hill
Lauri A. Kavulich
Lauri A. Kavulich is the Member-in-Charge of the Philadelphia and Wilmington offices of Clark Hill PLC. She specializes in employment law and represents both public and private employers, including railroads. In addition, she represents employers in administrative and court proceedings filed under such statutes as the ADA, FMLA, Title VII, PHRA, ADEA, and FELA.
Lauri has extensive experience in employment practice litigation in state and federal administrative proceedings and courts for governmental entities, railroads, large and small employers; she has extensive experience in grievance arbitrations and issues that arise under collective bargaining agreements, including under the NLRA. She is a litigator that isn’t afraid to go into court and frequently defends employers in front of juries in employment cases such as sexual harassment and discrimination, race and disability discrimination, FELA (injuries to railroad workers), non compete cases and personal injury cases. With the litigator perspective (with prevention in mind) she serves as a consultant to employers regarding FMLA, ADA, handbooks, employment policies and procedures, workers compensation, non-compete agreements, terminations and virtually any issue regarding employees. Lauri also handles § 1983 litigation for government entities, and has successfully defended such entities.
Lauri frequently lectures regularly to employers and presents webinars on employment related topics. She is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She has been named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine from 2004 to present, and was voted one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Pennsylvania. She is a member of the National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel and is a certified Workers Compensation Specialist.
Lauri is a Board Member for the Independence Visitor Center in Philadelphia and the William Way LGBT Community Center.
- "The 'Freedom to Work' Act and What It Means for Noncompetes in Pa." The Legal Intelligencer, November 2018
- Presenter, Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation", Lorman Webinar, September 2018
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation", Lorman Webinar, March 2018
- Presenter, "Best Practices in ADA, FMLA, and Workers' Compensation," Lorman Webinar, September 2017
- Presenter, “ADA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation,” Clark Hill Webinar, May 2017
- Presenter, “FMLA Compliance – What Every Employer Needs to Know,” Delaware Valley Labor and Employment Law Conference, April 2017
- Speaker, “Employment Law Updates – Changes in Employment Laws That You Need to Know,” CLE After Hours, NALS of Philadelphia, February 2017
- Presenter, “Don’t Let Workers’ Comp Claims Generate FMLA, ADA, or Discrimination Complaints,” 25th Annual National Workers' Compensation & Disability Conference & Expo, New Orleans, LA, November 2016
- “When a Workers’ Comp Case Turns Into a Minefield of Litigation,” The Legal Intelligencer, Labor & Employment Special Section, November 2016
- Presenter, “Employment Issues Arising Out of a Personal Injury Claim,” Dispute Resolution Institute’s 3rd Annual Personal Injury Practicum, Philadelphia, November 2016
- Presenter, “Workers Compensation and FMLA and ADA Claims,” Greater Philadelphia Executive Claims Counsel, September 2016
- "What Employers Need to Know About Pennsylvania's New Medical Marijuana Act," E-Alert, May 2016
- "The Impact of the Medical Marijuana Act on Employers," The Legal Intelligencer / Pennsylvania Law Weekly, April 2016
- Presenter, “Hot Topics in Labor & Employment Law,” “Mental Health Issues in the Workplace,” “Will My Employee Ever Work Full Time and at Full Capacity Again?” Delaware Valley Labor & Employment Law Conference, April 2016
- Speaker: ACI's 18th National Forum on Asbestos Claims and Litigation, "Update on Pennsylvania's 'HOT TOPICS' in Asbestos"