Laura R. O'HaraLaura O'Hara Clark Hill
Laura R. O'Hara
Laura O'Hara has 25 years of experience representing healthcare clients with an emphasis on the representation of hospitals and healthcare organizations in complex litigation involving allegations of medical negligence, fraud and abuse, wrongful credentialing and corporate liability.
Laura advises physicians and other clients on a variety of issues including peer review, contract negotiations, HIPAA, reimbursement/third party payor disputes, recoupment demands, governmental audits and investigations, formulation of policies and procedures, compliance, risk management, corporate organization and subsidiary liability.
- Legality of Social Media - HIPAA and Patient Cell Phones in the Office, Texas Ambulatory Surgery Center Society (February 2018)
- Due Process in the Peer Review Context - What Does it Really Mean?, Med Staff News American Health Lawyers Association (December 2016)
- Anatomy of a Peer Review, Dallas County Medical Society (March 2016)
- Ebola, Protecting Yourself, Your Workplace, and Your Employees, Strasburger Labor & Employment Series (November 2014)
- Peer Review - Pitfalls and Perils, Strasburger Health Law Symposium (May 2013)
- Disclosure of Unanticipated Outcomes - Why, When, Who and How?, Strasburger Health Law Counsel Series (2007)
- Editor. Law Enforcement Requests for PHI - What is Permissible? (2010)
- Editor. Strasburger Health Industry Online (2006-2007)
- Poliner v. Presbyterian - An Overview (2005)
- EMTALA - The Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (2005)
- EMTALA - What you Need to Know (2004)