All Pages, © 2020 Clark Hill PLC.
Laura CalhounLaura Calhoun Clark Hill
2600 Dallas Parkway
Frisco, TX 75034
Phone: (469) 287-3955
J.D., South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1991
South Texas College of Law
B.S., Texas A&M University, Corpus Christi, Texas, 1987
Texas A&M University
State Bar Licenses
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
U.S. District Ct., N.D. of Texas
U.S. District Ct., E.D. of Texas
U.S. District Ct., W.D. of Texas
Laura Calhoun has been representing employers and employees in Texas for over 25 years on a wide range of employment law issues.
- Litigation of state and federal employment law claims, including claims for discrimination, retaliation and sexual harassment under Title VII, the ADEA, ADA and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code.
- Representation of employers and employees on overtime claims/collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Counseling employers on compliance with state and federal employment laws, including drafting/reviewing employer policy manuals and conducting management/staff training on sexual harassment and other anti-discrimination/harassment/retaliation policies, and providing guidance on hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary action and termination.
- Representation of employers and employees in unemployment and wage claims before the Texas Workforce Commission.
- Representation of clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Texas Workforce Commission-Civil Rights Division on charges of discrimination, harassment and retaliation.
- Negotiation and drafting of employment contracts, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, independent contractor agreements and severance agreements.
- Representation/counseling on covenants not to compete and other issues of business confidentiality, non-solicitation, trade secrets and tortious interference with contracts and business relations.
- Business entity formation, including preparation of state filings and compliance with other business/corporate formalities, shareholder agreements and buy-sell provisions.
- Negotiation of asset purchase agreements in connection the sale of a business.
- Briefed a variety of employment law issues over the years, including a favorable case for my firm’s client involving the Americans With Disabilities Act which was heard by the United States Supreme Court. See Cleveland v. Policy Management Systems, 526 U.S. 795, 143 L. Ed. 2d 966, 119 S. Ct. 1597 (1999).
Texas Super Lawyers (2012-2019)
Super Lawyers/Top Women of 2019
Plano Bar Association: Board Member 2006 to present. Currently CLE-Director
Collin County Bar Association- Corporate Counsel Section: Co-Chair 2019-2020
Employment Law Section of State Bar of Texas
Practice AreasLabor & Employment