John P. Hensien
John P. Hensien serves as Clark Hill’s Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. In his role as CEO, John develops and executes the firm’s strategy for growth and advancement.
He is also a member in the firm’s Corporate Business Unit, and a past chair of the firm’s Automotive & Manufacturing Industry Group.
Public and private buyers and sellers trust John with matters of structuring, financing, and negotiation of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and other business combinations. He also represents clients in a broad range of commercial transactions, including manufacturing supply chains.
John regularly provides general business counseling with respect to strategic planning, shareholder rights, and corporate governance.
Companies in varied industries including automotive, manufacturing, technology, industrial products, mining & exploration, plastics, specialty chemicals, and fluid & material handling seek John’s guidance. He advises clients on international transactions and has worked on M&A and commercial transactions in Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, Mexico, and South America.
Named among The Best Lawyers in America® for
- Corporate Law (2021-2022)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2022)
State Bar of Michigan
State Bar Licenses
- Advising a national healthcare IT service provider on the sale of its business to an international strategic buyer.
- Advising a Tier 1 manufacturer of plastic automotive components on a capital restructuring with a private equity sponsor.
- Advising a U.S. Tier 1 automotive supplier on a global joint venture with European and Asian Tier 1 suppliers of similar components.
- Advising a national mobile phone protection plan provider on a sale and recapitalization transaction.
- Advising a specialty chemical manufacturer on the transfer of environmental liabilities and related assets.
- Advising an industrial manufacturer on the sale of its plastics pipe business a Swiss piping systems manufacturer.
- Advising a multinational mining products manufacturer on the restructuring of its global supply chain.
- Advising the City of New York on a vehicle supply agreement with Nissan North America for the Taxi of Tomorrow.
- Advising an automotive OEM client on a multi-billion dollar long term agreement to purchase major powertrain components from a German Tier 1 supplier.
- Advising a multinational industrial manufacturer on the sales of non-core business units in Asia, Europe and North America.
- Advising a Canadian Tier 1 automotive supplier on the acquisition of an OEM vehicle assembly facility from a U.S. Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- Advising a U.S. steel manufacturer on the purchase of industrial manufacturing equipment from a Japanese supplier.
- Advising a Tier 1 automotive supplier on the dissolution of a global logistics joint venture with an OEM.
- Advising automotive suppliers in the analysis, negotiation and modification of OEM and Tier 1 customer purchasing terms and conditions.
- Advising automotive suppliers on OEM and Tier 1 customer bankruptcies.