Jeffrey H. BeloteJeffrey Belote Clark Hill
Jeffrey H. Belote
Jeffrey Belote prosecutes and defends actions in commercial, residential, and real estate litigation in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate, limited liability company and partnership disputes, and more.
He also handles commercial and mortgage banking disputes, foreclosure, fraud, commercial and residential construction disputes, real estate brokerage disputes, seller and broker misrepresentation and non-disclosure, title insurance, escrow disputes, homeowner association disputes, adjoining landowner and boundary disputes, unlawful detainer, landlord/tenant disputes, and secured creditors rights in state and federal courts.
Jeff counsels commercial and residential owners, partners, investors, buyers and sellers of real property, developers, contractors, architects, lenders, brokers, mortgage bankers and landlords. He has worked closely with expert consultants in construction, accounting, economics, and standards of care concerning professional liability in the areas of real estate, brokerage, construction, architecture, engineering, and title and escrow issues. Jeff has successfully litigated, settled and, where necessary, arbitrated and tried multiparty, complex litigation cases. He has collected over $6 million in commissions for real estate brokers. Jeff is a settlement panelist for the Marin Superior Court in all types of disputes, including real estate, business disputes, and personal injury matters.
- Co-presenter, "The Keys To The House: Unraveling Damages in Real Property Sales – Part 2," Bar Association of San Francisco, May 15, 2019
- Co-presenter on "The Keys To The House: Unraveling Damages in Real Property Sales – Part 1," Bar Association of San Francisco, April 17, 2019
- Co-presenter on "Handling Tenant Disputes Under San Francisco Control," Vanguard Properties, September 17, 2018
- Co-presenter on "Understanding A Landlord’s Rights and Responsibilities In San Francisco," Vanguard Properties, August 8, 2018
- Quoted in, "SF nuns on a mission to move soup kitchen," San Francisco Examiner, January 8, 2017
- Quoted in, "Judicial Profile: Steven L. Dylina," Daily Journal, October 20, 2016
- Co-author of Chapter 3 on “Broker Fiduciary and Statutory Duties” in the Continuing Education of the Bar two-volume publication entitled California Real Estate Brokers: Law and Litigation (2009-present)
- Co-author of Chapter 2 on “Brokers” in the Continuing Education of the Bar two-volume publication entitled California Real Property Sales Transactions (2007-present)
- Co-presenter on "Show me the Money! Collecting Delinquent Assessments," San Francisco Managers Information Group (June 2012)
- Co-presenter on "Modification of California’s Mechanic’s Lien and Stop Notice Law Commencing July 1, 2012 - A Guide for Preventing Mechanic’s Liens, Stop Notices and Payment Bonds Pertaining to California’s Modified Law" (June, 2012)
- Co-speaker on "Bringing Down The House: Assessing Damages In A Real Estate Case," The Real Property Section of The Bar Association of San Francisco (September, 2011)
- Guest-speaker on San Francisco's KALW FM 91.7, discussing "Understanding Residential Construction Law and Defects" (February, 2011)
- Guest-speaker on San Francisco's KALW FM 91.7, discussing "Understanding Duties of Disclosure in California Residential Real Estate" (December, 2010)
- Co-presenter on "Construction Defects: an In Depth Look at Today's Claims," Annual Levy, Erlanger & Co. Conference (September, 2010)
- Lectured for several years in Real Estate Law and Real Estate Concepts in the Masters Program at Golden Gate University, and guest lectured in banking law in the Masters Program
- Has been a lecturer for the National Business Institute which lectures to attorneys and real estate professionals
- Has guest lectured for the California Land Title Association on "Creditor’s Rights," and for the Continuing Education of the Bar on "Foreclosure"
- Co-author of:
- "Advanced Real Estate Law in California" (1991)
- "Easement and Boundary Disputes in California" (1992)
- "Keys to Success in a Real Estate Transaction in California" (1993)
- Contributing editor for James Publishing in 1999 for its book entitled "California Causes of Action"