Jeanne M. StiefelJeanne Stiefel Clark Hill
Jeanne M. Stiefel
Jeanne Stiefel represents non-profit organizations in tax-exempt financing transactions and serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, bank counsel (private placements/letters of credit), and trustee's counsel in municipal bond transactions financing governmental projects and programs.
Jeanne is a transactional attorney who executes project financings for non-profit organizations and governmental entities. In her public finance practice, Jeanne serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel (private placements/letters of credit), and trustee’s counsel in municipal bond transactions financing higher education facilities and student loan programs, multi-modal transportation projects, non-profit health care facilities, and charter schools.
Jeanne complements her public finance practice by counseling senior living health care providers in the development and financing of skilled nursing, assisted living, and continuing care retirement communities and regulatory compliance ensuring ongoing operation of its programs and services.
Prior to joining Clark Hill, Jeanne was a partner for 19 years at a South Jersey law firm where she served as co-chair of that firm's public finance department.
- Borrower/Obligated Group Representative Counsel - $34,485,000 tax-exempt and $4,070,000 taxable conduit revenue bond financing, the proceeds of which were loaned to a 501(c)(3) continuing care retirement community provider and used to refund certain outstanding tax-exempt bonds and finance the costs of terminating certain interest rate swap agreements entered into by the provider.
- Seller Counsel - Asset Sale/Bed Transfer (12 long-term care beds) for a 501(c)(3) continuing care retirement community (including negotiation of asset purchase agreement and related certificate of need approval for the reduction of licensed bed capacity and transfer of licensed beds to an out-of-county non-profit long-term care facility).
- Seller Counsel - $20.5M asset sale for a 501(c)(3) continuing care retirement community (including negotiation of asset purchase/operations transfer/shared services agreements and related transaction documents and securing approval from New Jersey Office of the Attorney General exempting asset sale to a for-profit provider as exempt from cy pres review) and redemption of outstanding tax-exempt conduit revenue bonds.
- Senior Lender Counsel – $30.0M senior bank loan (including negotiation of senior loan agreement and related security agreements, intercreditor agreement, and construction monitoring and disbursement agreement) to a limited liability company to facilitate its purchase of qualified school construction bonds, the proceeds of which were used to finance acquisition of land and construction and equipping of a Pre-K through 8 charter school.
- Borrower Counsel - $7,864,000 tax-exempt conduit revenue bonds, the proceeds of which were loaned to a 501(c)(3) hospice provider and used to finance construction of the first in-patient hospice facility in South Jersey.
- Guarantor Counsel - $27,200,000 refunding bonds guaranteed by a 501(c)(3) hospital foundation pursuant to the terms of an amended and restated foundation support agreement.
- Borrower Counsel – Negotiation on behalf of a 501(c)(3) senior housing provider of bond insurer waivers/consent/forbearance for loan agreement financial and operational covenant defaults and negotiation of loan agreement amendments related to outstanding tax-exempt conduit revenue bonds.
- Bond Counsel – interest rate reset/reissuance for federal tax purposes of tax-exempt conduit revenue bonds.