James-Paul Galligan advises clients on domestic and international corporate transactions, entering financial markets regulated by the Central Bank, and corporate governance issues related to Brexit planning. James-Paul also advises many French companies doing business in and through Ireland.
James-Paul also specialises in providing advice on entering regulated markets and in particular financial markets regulated by the Central Bank. He provides advice on corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and post-Brexit planning. James-Paul has considerable experience in advising clients in the Fintech and Regtech sector and guiding companies in their applications for entry into Irish regulated markets.
James-Paul advises clients on management buy outs and management buy in both domestically and in cross-border transactions. James-Paul has advised clients on such transactions in the financial services, energy, and pharmaceutical sectors.
France Chamber of Commerce
Franco-Irish Lawyers Association
Registered Lawyer with the English Football Association
Institute of Directors
Roll of solicitors of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
State Bar Licenses
- Advising shareholders and directors in private company management buy-outs.
- Advising several companies on Enterprise Ireland investment funding and grant aid, including preference share subscriptions.
- Advising on specialised commercial agreements such as share sale and purchase agreements, subscription agreements, shareholder agreements and has particular expertise in agreements tailored to international corporate structures.
- High Court commercial litigation work including advising banks on recovery strategies around valuer and solicitor professional indemnity litigation.
- Advising on post Brexit contingency planning for regulated entities with a particular emphasis on entering the Irish Financial Services Market and post Brexit corporate structuring.