Jadd F. MassoJadd Masso Clark Hill
Jadd F. Masso
Jadd Masso is the lawyer other lawyers call when litigation gets complicated. After practicing as a trial lawyer earlier in his career, Jadd found that he enjoyed the intellectual challenge of representing his clients on appeal. Since then, Jadd has argued dozens of appeals in state and federal courts, advocating for clients in a variety of industries.
In addition to his work in appellate courts, Jadd frequently joins trial teams from both within and outside the firm to handle complex procedural or strategic matters, dispositive motions, jury charge issues, and preservation of error at trial. Jadd’s advocacy before the trial court frequently results in the elimination or reduction of claims submitted to the jury. If an appeal follows, Jadd’s involvement at trial results in a seamless transition from trial to appeal.
Jadd is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Successful mandamus in the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of appeals of an adverse venue ruling in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Reversal in the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals of a district court ruling interpreting FDIC loss-share agreements with financial institutions to create partnership duties.
- Affirmance of summary judgment in a complex commercial dispute dealing with the manufacture of oilfield equipment.
- Affirmance of jury verdict in favor of financial institution in dispute with commercial real estate developer.
- Successful mandamus action to prevent disclosure of trade-secret information in litigation between product manufacturers.
- Reversal of a judgment following jury trial in a commercial dispute between wholesalers.
- Reversal on interlocutory appeal of injunction against a financial institution in a real estate dispute with a developer involving claims of fraud and breach of contract.
- Representation of banks and other financial institutions in complex collection, fraud, and lender liability litigation.
- Top Traps in Error Preservation, Texas Bar CLE Litigation Update Institute (January 2020)
- Legislative Update for Litigators, Clark Hill Strasburger CLE Seminar (August 2019)
- Privilege Update: Preserving, Asserting, and Challenging Privilege, Dallas Bar Association (February 2018)
- Client Management, Dallas Bar Association (June 2017)
- Panelist, The Unstable Pro-Se Civil Litigant: Strategies for Ethically Dealing with the Difficult Unrepresented Plaintiff, American Bar Association - Judicial Division (July 2015)
- Moderator. Appeals and Ethics Panel, Dallas and Tarrant County Bar Associations Joint Appellate Seminar (October 2013)
- Top Traps in Error Preservation, Texas Bar CLE Litigation Update Institute (Forthcoming January 2020)
- Using Texas’ Proportionate Responsibility Scheme, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (April 2019)
- Best Practices for Pleading and Proving Attorney's Fees, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (July 2017)
- Writing for 21st Century Judges, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes (May 2013)