Jadd F. MassoJadd Masso Clark Hill
Jadd F. Masso
Jadd Masso represents clients from many industries on appeal and frequently joins trial teams to handle procedural or strategic matters, dispositive motions, jury charge issues, and preservation of error at trial.
Clients value Jadd’s experience, big-picture perspective, and ability to distill complex legal issues through oral and written advocacy. Trial lawyers—from both within and outside the firm—regularly call on Jadd to develop creative litigation strategies and to tackle law-intensive issues in court, often accelerating results for clients. A former trial lawyer himself, Jadd’s involvement as appellate counsel at trial results in a seamless transition from trial to appeal.
Like most appellate lawyers, Jadd’s practice covers a wide-range of subject matters, and has included cases involving business and commercial matters, oil and gas, corporate governance, lender liability, real estate, bankruptcy, attorney malpractice, and maritime law.
Jadd is Board Certified in Civil Appellate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Affirmance in Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals of district court ruling limiting the types of plaintiffs who may bring products-liability claims under maritime law, a question of first impression in any federal court.
- Reversal in the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals of a district court ruling interpreting FDIC loss-share agreements with financial institutions to create partnership duties.
- Successful mandamus in the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of appeals of an adverse venue ruling in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Affirmance of summary judgment in a complex commercial dispute dealing with the manufacture of oilfield equipment.
- Affirmance of jury verdict in favor of financial institution in dispute with commercial real estate developer.
- Successful mandamus action to prevent disclosure of trade-secret information in litigation between product manufacturers.
- Reversal of a judgment following jury trial in a commercial dispute between wholesalers.
- Reversal on interlocutory appeal of injunction against a financial institution in a real estate dispute with a developer involving claims of fraud and breach of contract.