J. William Eshelman
J. William Eshelman brings outside-of-the-box solutions to challenges faced by government contractors across the entire lifecycle of government acquisitions and grants. Bill’s value-added approach incorporates a prudent balancing of business risks with cost-effectiveness in achieving client objectives.
Clients rely on the dedicated teams Bill structures to address the facts and specific objectives involved in a given matter. These teams create the appropriate scaling of effort in a comprehensive, integrated approach to successful resolution of the issues involved. Bill incorporates key client personnel as appropriate and helpful, often creating lasting and productive relationships and enhancing overall effectiveness, efficiency, and client communication.
Bill has successfully handled matters of all sizes for the full spectrum of government contractors and grantees. Whether a Fortune 50 contractor or a small innovative start-up, each client receives the individual attention essential to meet its objectives. He works with his colleagues and the team he creates to ensure that his clients receive effective, strong, and thoughtful advocacy and counsel at the most reasonable and practical rate.
Clients call on Bill to prevent or avoid potentially crushing litigation or negative publicity. He is experienced with the government’s current emphasis on applying a False Claims Act (both the civil and criminal aspects) approach to increasingly complex government accounting rules, guidance, and practices.
Air Force Association
Virginia Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Alabama Bar Association
ABA Section of Public Contract Law
Association of the US Army (AUSA)
Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
National Contract Management Association
State Bar Licenses
- Full-spectrum work with Federal agencies to resolve issues before they necessitate claims and litigation.
- Works with Congress and relevant Staff on legislative issues affecting government contractors.
- Assisted international companies doing business with the United States government and U.S. companies in dealings with foreign governments.
- Represented a major construction company in equitable adjustment claims before the Court of Federal Claims involving loss of efficiency and increased field overhead for construction of NASA Space Station Processing Facility.
- Represented systems integration contractor on Space Station Program in $90 million bad faith termination for convenience claim against NASA.
- Represented defense contractor on USAF Joint STARS program to reverse deductions to target cost and price where Government had canceled certain line items of contract after work was performed.
- Represented precision welding equipment manufacturer in defective specification and changes claims on construction of electron beam particle vapor deposition machine for Penn State Naval Applied Research Laboratory.
- Represented computer software company in bid protest involving a major enterprise management system.
- Successfully represented disappointed bidder in bid protest involving a procurement under a Federal Transportation Administration (DOT) Grant.
- Represented companies in voluntary disclosures and internal investigations.
- Represented companies relative to Corporate Compliance Programs and related policies.
- Represented companies regarding Export Administration and Munitions matters including Technical Assistance Agreements.